New WDW Resort

Wannabe Walt

I've created a Deluxe/Moderate resort based on World Showcase before! It (IMO) was amazing. It featured all the lands, plus more I believe. Every land had its own themed pool. The buildings were based off those in the real World Showcase. You can find it deep within the Imagineering forum!

donald23

These are all great ideas. I especially like the HM/TOT hotel, or the villians hotel. But one change that I would make is to make to the villians resort a deluxe or moderate. (or maybe even vacation club...for us special people lol)

Yenfid

peter11435 said:
That was actually the Mineral King Ski Resort designed back during Walts time. This would have been a real ski resort however it was never finished

There was two different plans for Ski resorts, if I remember correctly, and that is where Country Bear Jamboree came from. The Show was designed for the ski resort and then when the ski resort got dumped the show was moved to Disneyland.

I learned all this when I was studing for the old Disney Store Trivia contest.

rosebud's mom

nickcarraway said:
Two similar but different ideas:

Disney's Princess Land Resort, a moderate resort featuring four different sections based on classic Disney tales involving the princesses. There'd be Snow White's Village, where visitors stay in whisical rooms and swim in the Seven Dwarf's Mine Lagoon pool; Belle's Cheateus, where visitors can sleep in luxurious accomdations and dine at Beast's Feast buffet restaurant; Sleeping Beauty's Cottages, peaceful abodes near Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather's Wares gift shop; and Jasmine's Palace, an arabian-themed enclave feautirng The Genie's Lamp Pool and Bar. This resort would mark the first time Disney guests could actually live inside a Disney story.

Disney's Villians Village Resort, a value resort catering toward adults and teens. This place is where those infamous villians hide from the good guys. There would be five sections: Wicked, Devious, Evil, Bad and Terrible. Each building would be darker and scarier than the next with lots of secret passageways, dead-looking plants and gags. There would be three pool areas: Ursula's Playpen pool, Captain Hook's Hideaway hot tubs, and Maleficent's Cesspool and Bar. The lobby would be called the Museum of Villians and would feature lifesize statues of Disney villians. The food service would include The Wicked Queen's Wicked Food Court and Bar and Gaston's Tavern, a place for aspiring villians to get a brew.

WOWWWWWWWW... How can we help get these resorts into construction ?

Of course, my trips south would now at least triple in frequency. The youngest would want to stay in Sleeping Beauty's cottages, the older daughter would want the Cinderella area, my adult sons would opt for the Villains, and MAYBE with the Villains theme I could convince the old man to take a 2nd honeymoon !!

They could also add Pocohantas teepee village and an Oriental area dedicated to Mulan. Then again, maybe mushroom-shaped cottages for the Alice fans ?

brich

No offense but I live in New England. Snow themes are the last thing I want to see in Florida... :lol:

I love the ToT/HM idea. But personally, I would LOVE a Pirates theme. A nice Pirate ship restraunt floating out in a lagoon in the middle of the resort. A section of rooms looking out onto an indoor river, much like the ride itself. Oh the ideas would be limitless. If only the budget was... :D

NadieMasK2

I love the World Showcase idea! Especially if there was a French Village like from Beauty & the Beast. Put in on the monorail, and Voila! I'd definitely stay there.

Some great ideas here! I like the princess/fairytale cottages, too. Maybe to expand on the pirates theme, it could be an Adventureland resort, with a pirates building, a jungle-themed building with tropical Tiki birds, and a treehouse themed building.

NadieMasK2

I would also love to see an all-suites resort that didn't cost an arm and a leg. We don't typically stay on site because standard hotel rooms don't work too well when your kids are into their teens. Privacy becomes an issue. I know OKW has larger rooms but out of my price range!

nickcarraway

donald23 said:
These are all great ideas. I especially like the HM/TOT hotel, or the villians hotel. But one change that I would make is to make to the villians resort a deluxe or moderate. (or maybe even vacation club...for us special people lol)

Poof! donald23, your wish is granted. Instead of Disney's Villains' Village, how about Disney's Villains' Lair and Spa deluxe resort? Instead of seperate sections like value and moderate resorts, Villains' Lair would be one gigantic structure like Animal Kingdom Lodge. The shape? Maleficent's Forbidden Mountain domain.

Visitors would drive up a long, winding road to the craggy resort. The lobby would be dark and forboding with torch lights lining the walls and stone sculptures of infamous villians postioned among overstuffed couches. Cast members would greet guests with the phrase, "Welcome, minion." According the to the resort's story, one villian inhabits each of the resort's nines levels (Hades, the Queen of Hearts, Captain Hook, Ursula, Jafar, the Wicked Queen, Cruella De Vil, Scar, Maleficent) and rooms would be themed accordingly. In the evening, sound and lighting effects would simulate an ominous roar of thunder.

The pool area would be divided into two sections. The largest is Ursula's Cesspool, a large zero-entry pool centered around a gigantic sculpture of the villainous herself who spritzes visitors every half hour. At night, the pool is lit with green light. The other area is Captain Hook's Hide Out, a bar and hot tub area. The bar is actually Hook's docked ship and the featured drink is Blood Shot Eyes served with a plastic eye ball.

There would be two restaurants. The first is the casual Big Bad Cafe, a food court serving normal breakfast and lunch fare with a side of evil. The other is Wicked, an upscale eatery featuring contemporary fusion cusine located on the top level of Villians' Lair. Because this resort is geared toward adults, there will be three lounges: Gaston's Brewery, a traditional brewery serving beer in the basement; Maleficent's Magic Bar, where the bartenders do magic tricks; and The Hideaway, an Adventurer's Club-type of interactive establishment with costumed actors.

Other ammenties include the Cave of Wonders arcade, Naughty Knick Knacks souveinir shop, Cruella's Boutique women's clothing shop, Frollo's Frocks men's clothing shop and Devious, a spa serving themed treatments and an excellent hot stone massages. Ideally, I'd like this to be located near the Studios or maybe even on the Epcot monorail line.

Who's ready to book their room?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom