New WDW Resort

rosebud's mom

I seem to remember a thread of discussion a while back about a Tower of Terror/Haunted Mansion type resort. Supposedly there were to be rooms available that were "haunted". I'd definitely try that out !!

SteveUK

How about a villians themed resort that could be built outside Disney property right between WDW and Universal, and then when Disney buy Universal, the resort would be linked to both by monorail.

Sorry, I cant help the natural sarcastic streak!

It's hard to think of a new area that hasn't really been covered by the other resorts already. Maybe a new futuristic theme, with a similar idea to the Contemporary, except one that is kept right up to date. As much as I like the Contemporary, it has been allowed to slip in the last few years.

nickcarraway

Two similar but different ideas:

Disney's Princess Land Resort, a moderate resort featuring four different sections based on classic Disney tales involving the princesses. There'd be Snow White's Village, where visitors stay in whisical rooms and swim in the Seven Dwarf's Mine Lagoon pool; Belle's Cheateus, where visitors can sleep in luxurious accomdations and dine at Beast's Feast buffet restaurant; Sleeping Beauty's Cottages, peaceful abodes near Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather's Wares gift shop; and Jasmine's Palace, an arabian-themed enclave feautirng The Genie's Lamp Pool and Bar. This resort would mark the first time Disney guests could actually live inside a Disney story.

Disney's Villians Village Resort, a value resort catering toward adults and teens. This place is where those infamous villians hide from the good guys. There would be five sections: Wicked, Devious, Evil, Bad and Terrible. Each building would be darker and scarier than the next with lots of secret passageways, dead-looking plants and gags. There would be three pool areas: Ursula's Playpen pool, Captain Hook's Hideaway hot tubs, and Maleficent's Cesspool and Bar. The lobby would be called the Museum of Villians and would feature lifesize statues of Disney villians. The food service would include The Wicked Queen's Wicked Food Court and Bar and Gaston's Tavern, a place for aspiring villians to get a brew.

dave2822

SteveUK said:
It's hard to think of a new area that hasn't really been covered by the other resorts already.

So true, which is exactly why, though it is nice to think about, there won't be another giant resort project for some time.

Animal Kingdom was the only area lacking of resorts, and now it features one (incredible) deluxe resort, one moderate, and three values.

Plus, there will never be a value resort built deep into their property, like around MK, and never within walking distance of the parks.

So, whenever Disney does decide another resort is needed, I'd be very interested to see where they place it.

Moustronaut

However they theme it, they should build it near the intersection of World Drive and Epcot Center Drive along the long staight stretch of monorail track. This would give WDW it's first Epcot monorail resort!

Melerella

nickcarraway said:
Two similar but different ideas:

Disney's Princess Land Resort, a moderate resort featuring four different sections based on classic Disney tales involving the princesses. There'd be Snow White's Village, where visitors stay in whisical rooms and swim in the Seven Dwarf's Mine Lagoon pool; Belle's Cheateus, where visitors can sleep in luxurious accomdations and dine at Beast's Feast buffet restaurant; Sleeping Beauty's Cottages, peaceful abodes near Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather's Wares gift shop; and Jasmine's Palace, an arabian-themed enclave feautirng The Genie's Lamp Pool and Bar. This resort would mark the first time Disney guests could actually live inside a Disney story.

Disney's Villians Village Resort, a value resort catering toward adults and teens. This place is where those infamous villians hide from the good guys. There would be five sections: Wicked, Devious, Evil, Bad and Terrible. Each building would be darker and scarier than the next with lots of secret passageways, dead-looking plants and gags. There would be three pool areas: Ursula's Playpen pool, Captain Hook's Hideaway hot tubs, and Maleficent's Cesspool and Bar. The lobby would be called the Museum of Villians and would feature lifesize statues of Disney villians. The food service would include The Wicked Queen's Wicked Food Court and Bar and Gaston's Tavern, a place for aspiring villians to get a brew.

They are really great ideas. I especially like the Princess one!

Shelmerdine72

My idea is make it a horror-themed one called the Haunted Manor and it would be a rustic sort of 1800 sort of style. The main pool would have a green light at the bottom making it rather errie. During Halloween there would be not-so-scary Halloween props and ghosts similar to those at the Haunted Mansion.

tinkish

Someone mentioned an Asian themed resort. I think that could potentially be a really great idea...a really beautiful set up...with Asian trees, plants, and buildings that look like temples, Asian restaurants...oh, and a spa would be nice too! And lets not forget that characters from Mulan would make an appearance every once in a while!

amylynn9281

I like the Hollywood Tower of Terror idea!! I hate the ride but I think a hotel like that would be kind of interesting. I also like the Princesses one.

pluto3198

A resort themed after Venice, Italy. I know Universal has an Italian themed hotel but Disney could do it up right. Boats would be the transportation to each building within the resort.

Bravesfn1

pluto3198 said:
A resort themed after Venice, Italy. I know Universal has an Italian themed hotel but Disney could do it up right. Boats would be the transportation to each building within the resort.

They have that one in Las Vegas, it's called the Venetian. Lol!

disgolfer

ral8026 said:
Wild West like the one in DLP. Would go either between WL and FtW or near CS

That very resort almost happened back in the mid 1990's. Across the street from FW you will see a cleared out piece of property where the "Wilderness Junction" was to be built. There are some satelite images floating around that you can see this area on.

OliveMcFly

How about a new Epcot area resort designed after World Showcase? One resort but each area of the resort would be designed after one of the World Showcase countries.

DisneySam

Disney4Eva said:
I actually have two ideas for resorts. One would be an exact replica of the Tower of Terror, only it would look brand-new. It wouldn't be scary or anything. Just a cool, 1940's themed Hollywood Tower Hotel.

My other one is a Muppet-themed hotel. I'd call it "The Happiness Hotel". Only people who have seen "The Great Muppet Caper" should get that.

OMG I love the Muppet idea!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only in my wildest dreams.....

I don't really have any unique hotel ideas, just wanted to support the muppets.
All the ideas posted so far sound good though... :)

nickcarraway

DisneyGrl85 said:
How about a new Epcot area resort designed after World Showcase? One resort but each area of the resort would be designed after one of the World Showcase countries.

Yeah, and they could expand on that and do Mexico, Africa and the Carribean. Maybe even places here in the states like Hawaii, New Orleans, Florida, New England and the Pacific Northwest. Oh wait a second...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom