New Tomorrowland Rock Paint Job

Timothy_Q

They can't even maintain separate identities for different parks anymore. DAK Avatar? Rocks. DHS Star Wars Land? Rocks. MK NFL? Rocks. Never mind maintaining different identities within one park. Frontierland, Adventureland, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland - once clearly different - now all consist of toons and rocks.

Calling everything "rocks" is such a stupid simplification.

Guess what, rocks, like water, exist almost everywhere (cause, you know, that's what planets are made of), so they can have extremely unique looks and fit a number of different themes.

"There's water in fantasyland?! Wasn't there water in Frontier, Adventure and around the castle too??"

The Empress Lilly

Guess what, rocks, like water, exist almost everywhere (cause, you know, that's what planets are made of), so they can have extremely unique looks and fit a number of different themes.

"There's water in fantasyland?! Wasn't there water in Frontier, Adventure and around the castle too??"
Nah, they are the product of later mere average designers, who lost the art of making showbuildings appear like mediaeval villages, and who forgot the ambition to design novel architecture themselves.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I was hoping this movie would be a success. That could have helped TL WDW transform to include style elements from this:
disney-s-tomorrowland-is-an-original-idea-and-you-should-be-excited-for-it-365716.jpg

But alas, I think I am the only one that loved this movie.
Yeah, that could have spring boarded the revamp.

Pam Hates Penguins

Nope. I don't see any giant rocks anywhere.
Tomorrowland_2015_2[1].jpg

Marco226

Here's what it may look like. I know it's not the best editing.

Before:
View attachment 153993

After:
View attachment 153994

Oh cool, thanks for helping us try to visualize this since there aren't any pics yet. Is there a way to maybe add different shades and tints of purple to it? Maybe they'll add different gradients to it, like they might go from blue-violet to red-violet. Lots of different purples out there! Right? heheh.... heh.. oh god, I hope this doesn't turn out horrible.

Pam Hates Penguins

Oh cool, thanks for helping us try to visualize this since there aren't any pics yet. Is there a way to maybe add different shades and tints of purple to it? Maybe they'll add different gradients to it, like they might go from blue-violet to red-violet. Lots of different purples out there! Right? heheh.... heh.. oh god, I hope this doesn't turn out horrible.

Thanks! However, I am not the best editor to make the different shades but...
Picture1.jpg

The Empress Lilly

I can more or less get behind these purple rocks. If you do want to have an alien planet, then you might as well try to make it look a bit alienesque. Also, this helps to differ the look of TL from the other MK lands again, a park which is a bit of a blurred rock festival at the moment. ( And which rock festival would be complete without some Deep Purple?)

All of which is still just discussing what type of pavement to pave paradise with. Bring back the fountains!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom