News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

Cosmic Commando

They said on Main Street U.S.A. at the Magic Kingdom. Looking at the building, it's obviously the theater. You can even see the backstage gates that they use when the park is crowded on the left in green.
If you humor us and picture the theater off the bypass, there would be a similar gate to the left of the theater to block off the backside of the Tomorrowland.

hopemax

Building a new theater where the old theater was maybe? Others made this guess in the D23 thread.

This would also work for the new theater being built on the space where the old Tomorrowland Theater was. That they tore out and replaced with a stage that cooked in the audience in the July afternoon sun. But with an entry off Main Street.

Gatorboy

They just spent a boat load of time and money to free up crowds at the castle end of the street, I dought they'd want to dump large crowds directly on to Main Street by the entrance. This might be why they haven't fully themed the bypass street.

Belpois2712

If you humor us and picture the theater off the bypass, there would be a similar gate to the left of the theater to block off the backside of the Tomorrowland.
The easiest and most logical place to place a "Theater" on Main Street U.S.A. is in the current theater. What would be the point of having two structures named "theater" that look very similar on the exterior?

Cosmic Commando

The easiest and most logical place to place a "Theater" on Main Street U.S.A. is in the current theater. What would be the point of having two structures named "theater" that look very similar on the exterior?
Why are there so many taverns in the Magic Kingdom, when none of them serve alcohol? It's just a name. The WDW MSUSA is supposed to be a railroad boom town... there can be more than one theater. I know they look kind of similar, but imagine 2,000 people spilling out all at once right into Town Square!

Edit: What's the most "logical" thing to replace? Surface parking, or a successful meet-n-greet and a successful restaurant?

SteamboatJoe

The exteriors should look somewhat different. Looks to be two totally different styles. The current "theater" can be easily renamed if need be.

Belpois2712

Why are there so many taverns in the Magic Kingdom, when none of them serve alcohol? It's just a name. The WDW MSUSA is supposed to be a railroad boom town... there can be more than one theater. I know they look kind of similar, but imagine 2,000 people spilling out all at once right into Town Square!
I understand what you state fully, but I just don't see it being a new building. Either way, Disney will confirm what will happen and fortunately we will be having new entertainment on Main Street U.S.A.

tl77

They described it as being "right off Main Street" and from the looks of the concept art this is where it would most likely go, the green lattice work doors on either side of it would line up with this and the building on the right side of the concept work would fit where Tony's is. So with this theater would come a permanently open Main Street by-pass, and probably a new open ended Center Street, which would lead directly to the entrance of the theater

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They described it as being "right off Main Street" and from the looks of the concept art this is where it would most likely go, the green lattice work doors on either side of it would line up with this and the building on the right side of the concept work would fit where Tony's is. So with this theater would come a permanently open Main Street by-pass, and probably a new open ended Center Street, which would lead directly to the entrance of the theater

Good point about Center Street, didn't think about that.

BD-Anaheim

The concept art pretty clearly shows that it's in the by-pass area. You can see a row of trees in the foreground to what I assume hides backstage areas of the adjacent Tony's Restaurant. There is nowhere else on Main Street where this could be possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom