News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

Communicore

PhillharMagic is also getting a bit long in the tooth. I think it's time a new show replaced it. One like the fantastic Mickey and the Magical Map at Disneyland.
That theater is very 70's and I'd like to see them keep it that way, can the Revue be brought back?

Sonconato

Although there is space free in the cast member car park, I think they wouldn't do this, as it would feel a bit odd to just walk behind the buildings on Main Street, and I just get the feeling that it wouldn't fit well.

The two other options are relacing the Town Square Theatre(it may be kinda popular still, but they could set up a meet and greet elsewhere, and would they really have two theatres on Main Street?) or Tomorrowland Terrace(which is barely used as it's out of the way, nobody really knows about it).
It wasn't that long ago when they changed it to the Town Square Theatre, which was in 2011. Before that, it was called Exposition Hall from 1992 until 2011. It used to display, as well as sell, a lot of Disney Collector paraphernalia back when that was popular.

DrewmanS

So will the new area be always open for guests to walk through?

Depending on how many shows a day, seems a bit silly to close up whatever gate is there for each show. Not sure why it can't be open all the time?

What Marni is suggesting is that the by-pass will not be used to get to/from the theater. Guests will use Center Street which will be opened up to allow access. So the by-pass gates remain shut during normal operation. I would assume additional gates or crowd control methods will be added to restrict guest flow to the area in front of the theatre when the by-pass is closed.

JoeCamel

What Marni is suggesting is that the by-pass will not be used to get to/from the theater. Guests will use Center Street which will be opened up to allow access. So the by-pass gates remain shut during normal operation. I would assume additional gates or crowd control methods will be added to restrict guest flow to the area in front of the theatre when the by-pass is closed.
I would imagine they still need the back of house access to the stores and utilidors during the day so additional gates would be installed on the bypass. Lots of truck traffic in that parking lot. So sad managers that lose their parking. Sorry not sorry.

Kman101

Ah, ok. Thank you!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There was a permit filed today with the description "MK-1 - Enabling Package" by PCL Construction Services with an expiration of 12/31/2019. The address is "1361 Monorail Way" which is between Main Street and Tomorrowland. My best guess is that this is for the start of work on the new theater.

upload_2017-8-31_12-43-24.png

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl...4852&id=DOC2202S31597.A0&parent=DOC2202S31597

ToTBellHop

There was a permit filed today with the description "MK-1 - Enabling Package" by PCL Construction Services with an expiration of 12/31/2019. The address is "1361 Monorail Way" which is between Main Street and Tomorrowland. My best guess is that this is for the start of work on the new theater.

View attachment 225902

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl...4852&id=DOC2202S31597.A0&parent=DOC2202S31597
Apparently they'll have to demolish Pinocchio Village Haus for this.............

NearTheEars

Buried20KLeague

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom