News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

huwar18

Three years for a theater? Oh, dear. They need capacity NOW, and they are taking three years to build a nicely-themed box?

If it is a live show, they will give the actors and actresses time to learn and rehearse a show. That can be anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months.

Kman101

Not really. It's worse than five, ten years ago.

Ok. That's true to a degree but I stand by that it's an over exaggeration. I've pointed out plenty of times day of availability for both fast passes and a majority of restaurants. But I guess we don't need to have this debate again and it's getting off topic but I felt like responding to his snarky passive aggressive joke about planning because I don't think it's accurate. I wish they'd do away with the ability to book so far in advance because you really don't need to. They WANT you to but no reason you can't show up at the park and wing it. Everyone planning a trip should try it.

EricsBiscuit

It’s not bad but at times it is cheesy. Pales in comparison to the likes of Aladdin.
I agree. But I think the worst production right now would be the hilariously outdated Little Mermaid at DHS or the castle show. TLM isn't bad, just dated and the other one is annoying. At least it's better than the previous Dream Along whatever. That Dreams Come True part makes me cringe and plug my ears just thinking of it. But, if you count parades the Move it Shake it "Whatever it roaming noise festival" as DTB calls it is by far the worst thing to ever touch the sacred ground of MSUSA.

Next Big Thing

I agree. But I think the worst production right now would be the hilariously outdated Little Mermaid at DHS or the castle show. TLM isn't bad, just dated and the other one is annoying. At least it's better than the previous Dream Along whatever. That Dreams Come True part makes me cringe and plug my ears just thinking of it. But, if you count parades the Move it Shake it "Whatever it roaming noise festival" as DTB calls it is by far the worst thing to ever touch the sacred ground of MSUSA.
I wasn't even counting TLM or BatB or any of those types of shows.Those are laughable and there's a lot of lip-synching involved.

I was more counting real "live" shows that are of a decent length, newer etc. The only shows i'm even counting in here are Cruise Line shows or shows from DLR for the most part. The only WDW shows i'd consider of similar quality would be Nemo and Lion King.

No Name

I enjoyed Golden Mickeys, but the whole premise felt like a thinly-veiled excuse to roll through Disney songs and movies. Oh and Bob Iger is in it, and he's so statue-like... he's really not good for the show.

I think that Believe is a much better option. But it would be extra nice to see them come up with something new. Regardless, I'm excited for whatever comes.

My only concern is, the theater looks like it really doesn't mesh well with the look of Main Street.

Daveeeeed

Nemo and LK are amazing!
Ironic that the newest park has two fantastic short production shows, yet a movie park that is 9 years older does not have one.

I still do TLM & B&TB as to me they are very very well done for their purpose, but they both use a ton of limp syncing to save money on singers. They are outdated though too. I would not mind updated versions like that as a complement to an extravagant show, but HWS lacks one. Awesome that the MK is getting one!!! And unlike for the fantastic shows on the cruise and DCA’s Frozen, they just aren’t as good either. There’s something too to be said about actors in costumes when it is not necessary compared to makeup (Hades, The Beast, Lumiere, etc.)

Daveeeeed

I enjoyed Golden Mickeys, but the whole premise felt like a thinly-veiled excuse to roll through Disney songs and movies. Oh and Bob Iger is in it, and he's so statue-like... he's really not good for the show.

I think that Believe is a much better option. But it would be extra nice to see them come up with something new. Regardless, I'm excited for whatever comes.

My only concern is, the theater looks like it really doesn't mesh well with the look of Main Street.
I agree, as with Wishes too.

Believe on he other hand feels very well put together, tons of people cry by the end of it. It’s not perfect, but with a few tweaks it could really be something special.

At the same time, with the exception of WDS’ new show and I suppose Villains Tonight! single movie based musicals are universally stronger, so i really do hope they go with something like Princess and The Frog, Hunchback, or Hurcules.

Daveeeeed

Lol at people who think Golden Mickeys is crap. It is better than any entertainment offering at WDW currently. I swear, sometimes I think people on these forums just shout to the void.
It’s better than most things, but it’s not better than Festival of The Lion King. :) It’s great because that is your main entertainment on the cruise, but compared to its other shows, or the Broadway style shows at other resorts it’s purely in the middle.

If we are to get a show at the MK it needs to be something very very good like Aladdin, Frozen, or Tangled, but hopefully it’s a new production.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom