New stage show coming to Conservation Station

disney4life2008

I have only been to conservation station once - for some reason it always seems boring. But I have a whole day planned at AK in January so maybe I should check it out.

ToTBellHop

cute. This should completely fill the void left by Festival of the Lion King closing (and Jammin' Jungle? If this is actually closing, Disney is remiss for not announcing it yet).

ToTBellHop

It sounds like this is somewhat of a replacement for the old Pocahontas and her Forest Friends. It's sad that the white man had to come along and set fire to her forest and fry up her friends, all in a search for Unobtainium...
Pocahontas-Forest-Friends.jpg

doctornick

cute. This should completely fill the void left by Festival of the Lion King closing (and Jammin' Jungle? If this is actually closing, Disney is remiss for not announcing it yet).

Yeah, did we ever see any conformation about the future of the DAK parade? Is it going away? If so, is it being replaced at some point in the near future?

FigmentJedi

The stage is nearly complete and they've been rehearsing for a while. It's cute, but nothing to plan your trip around. The best part (spoilers) is when one of the pigs from the petting yard tries to take over the show and turn it into "It All Started With a Pig".
Funny you should say that considering Walt's interest in quality entertainment dates back to a childhood effort in Marceline to put on a "circus" in the barn that mostly involved the farm animals. His mother made him refund the money the neighborhood kids paid and basically told him to strive for quality instead of ripping people off with low-quality entertainment. Clearly people in TDO need to hear this story.

dreamscometrue

Thanks for posting. We take the train to Conservation Station at least once every trip and spend an hour or so; it's quiet, relaxing and educational. During our September trip, we did the usual stuff 'back there', but also were Wilderness Explorers doing the scavenger hunt (which included 'badges' at Rafiki's Planet Watch) and spent 20 minutes watching a surgery. (Btw, the youngest person in our group was 22 years old at the time :))

Last edited:

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Past presentations at Conservation Station were just that, presentations. I hope that this new offering doesn't end up with management adding this to FP+......and yes, I'm being sarcastic. But seriously, I hope they don't over-hype this. As I recall, the performance area that I'm thinking of, holds maybe 50+/- guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom