New Space Mountain Mission 2 Pictures

jrriddle

Original Poster
Sorry folks. Looks like they got pulled. I'll see if I can find others.
They were photos of some concept art showing the new effects, the new trains, the queue and the layout. The queue was interesting it was plasma screens but had a Victorian frame around them. The logo for the ride was also more Victorian looking than the Starwars looking one we've seen. The track layout was sort of hard to see in the picture. .

Lee

Adventurer
I have three of them in my gallery, as mentioned in another thread a couple days ago.
I have more, and may put them up if I get time.
:wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here you go:

Attachments

• sm2 1.jpg
    sm2 1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 179
  • sm2 2.jpg
    sm2 2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 173
  • sm2 3.jpg
    sm2 3.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 172
  • sm2 4.jpg
    sm2 4.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 164
  • sm2 5.jpg
    sm2 5.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 172

jrriddle

Original Poster
Those are the ones Thanks Marni :wave:
(and much better quality than the ones I saw)
So what do you think of the rehab?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
jrriddle said:
Those are the ones Thanks Marni :wave:
(and much better quality than the ones I saw)
So what do you think of the rehab?

My pleasure! Lee - any clearer ones available of the track plan?

I think overall the rehab will be a good thing. I only wonder - did it need one? From the Earth to the Moon needed refurbing - some many original effects needed fixing (aside from the cannon jamming I have never seen or heard of any spaeks from the asteroids, smoke carpet on landing etc.) - but overall its was still light years ahead (pun intended :lol: )

Sure, the solid state audio needed looking at (you can bet after 10 years the flash cards were working loose - the onboard audio systems look far too fragile to be on SM!) but the biggest problem seems to be the track / undercarriage. Even in 2002 my girlfriend got a headache from the rough ride (I faired better) - this is the rides main problem, and as of yet its unclear if it is being addressed.

The concept art does, however look stunning. Lets hope it delivers, and keeps on working too! I just hope the score can match Steve Bransoms (spl) - timeless!

The one thing that intrigues me is the new launch position - confirmed - from the base of the Columbiad. I really thought this would mess with the ride timings and zoneing, not to mention the speed at the top of the launch hill (during T&A in `95 the Mountain was running too fast for French law) - I thought the airtime and -g force for the front of the car at the top was already at maximum.

Although I would have prefered the rehab (as opposed to refurb) budget for this and Buzz (GRRR!) to go towards something more useful for the Autopia site at least DLP is still moving forward, despite its overheads. As for the ToT`s position next door.... well....

jrriddle

Original Poster
I have not been on DLP's Spacemountain since the mid 90's, but from what I've been reading on different boards the tracks have become quite rough.

Let's not start on Buzz and how well JTTCOTE would fit on the Autopia Site.

And ToT? At least from what I understand you won't be able to see it from the main (real) park. So that's something...I guess...I suppose... :rolleyes:

Lee

Adventurer
marni1971 said:
Lee - any clearer ones available of the track plan?

Sure, the solid state audio needed looking at (you can bet after 10 years the flash cards were working loose - the onboard audio systems look far too fragile to be on SM!) but the biggest problem seems to be the track / undercarriage. Even in 2002 my girlfriend got a headache from the rough ride (I faired better) - this is the rides main problem, and as of yet its unclear if it is being addressed.

Clearer images? Not that I have.

From my understanding, part of the refurb is replacing the wheel sets on each train. The trouble is that as the wheel sets get old, they spread a bit, causing too much space between wheel and track. When that happens, you get shaken up. This refurb should fix that. RnRC would be having the same problems, except that WDW has better maintenance on it's trains.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
He he.. 1100 GMT and the site is down again. I bet the bamdwith is sky high - this link is on the dlp-guide forum also and they seem to be a real active bunch!

jrriddle - no problemo!

jrriddle

Original Poster
:zipit: Thanks again Marni.
I owe you a beer.
I promise never to post a link again...
(unless it's really good)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom