New Seating on Southwest!!!

Question: If one is disabled and is with her mom and older brother and they are traveling with another family, none of who is disabled who all gets to pre board? Thanks :wave:

Nemo14

Original Poster
The rules essentially say that the flight you use the credit on has to occur before the one-year anniversary of the original *purchase date* that the credit is from.
An exmaple:
On 11/1/06 you purchase a $50 ticket for a flight on 12/15/06. You then can't go on the trip, so you cancel the reservation. The $50 credit must be used for a ticket that departs *on-or-before* 11/1/07.

There have been instances of Southwest representatives extending credits a couple of extra months, but you'd have to call Southwest and ask about it.

Also a word of warning: If you use an old credit for a flight, any *additional* money paid for the new flight also gets an expiration date of the old credit. So if you don't go on the new flight, the extra money paid may expire in a very short time.
So taking the above example, you've now used your $50 credit toward a $100 ticket for 10/15/07. Let's say you then cancel THAT flight. Your *total* credit of $100 now has an expiration date equal to the original credit's, which is 11/1/07 in this instance.

Hope that makes sense. While it kinda stinks that additional money might expire sooner, you only run into this if you cancel re-booked trips. And it's also a LOT more liberal of a policy than most major carriers. Most involve change fees, higher fares, only usable by the same traveler name... With Southwest, you could use the credit toward anyone's ticket, doesn't have to be your own. So if you can't use the credit before it expires, you could give it to a friend or relative to use by giving them the necessary info.

-Rob

Ahhh thanks for that clarification Rob.

Question: If one is disabled and is with her mom and older brother and they are traveling with another family, none of who is disabled who all gets to pre board? Thanks :wave:

Usually it's just one person with the disabled person. A few years ago, I had injured my wrist and was in a rather awkward cast. I hadn't asked to preboard, but when we checked our luggage the attendant stronly suggested it to keep peplr from bumping into me. However, I was only allowed to have one other person preboard with me to help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom