New Seasonal Attractions

psuchad

Original Poster
Now that Wonders of Life and Timekeeper are gone, what attractions do you think will take their place in the seasonal rotation? Not saying that there will definitely be new seasonal attractions, but what do you think is next on the chopping block. <o></o>
<o></o>
And don’t say Stitch because that is not a rational choice. <o></o>

TarzanRocked99-

Personally I think now that the old seasonal attractions are being replaced we need not see ANY new seasonal attractions. Lets just go back to the days of full operation year round.

golenium

1stStarIC2nite said:
I agree with Universe of Energy becoming seasonal....El Rio de Tiempo SHOULD become seasonal :lol: .... but why Snow White?

Why El Rio del Tempo? I see the laughy face, but come on, there's already not many attractions in the World Showcase, and it's a really enjoyable ride. I don't understand the rationale of making UoE seasonal when it's supposedly getting decommissioned fairly soon. There seems to be little utility in making something seasonal when it has a sponsor and plenty of ridership.

FrumiousBoojum

El Rio Del Tiempo... yes, enjoyable.

However, not very visited. When have you ever had to wait for more than 3 seconds to board?

It's a must-visit for me. The cheesiness of it all is great. And the song -- oy, about as bad as small world in getting stuck in your head! And, it's a great time-waster when people are busy looking around the shops. :)

But, even so -- whenever an attraction has attendence THAT low anywhere else in WDW, it's always put on seasonal status. It's amazing that El Rio Del Tiempo can get by.

It really is located in a bad spot. The entrance is VERY easy to miss, so I'm not surprised of the low attendance.

wild01ride

I agree with the comments about the low attendance of El Rio del Tiempo, but one thing to think about is that it really doesn't take much to operate it. What, maybe two people - a load operator and a ride operator??

I understand why they would consider closing an attraction seasonally if it had low attendance and was located in a standalone building with many people and systems required to operate it. In the case of ERdT, it's flip the lights on in back and they're good to go! :lol:

(Besides, I love it, so I'd hate to see it closed!)

1stStarIC2nite

It's not that it's bad... I enjoy some of the things... it just didn't make any sense to anyone in my group, myself included; and I thought it was just weird... I love mexican culture... but definately not that ride

mykittenhatesyo

El Rio Del Tiempo

El Rio Del Tiempo has been there forever, it's an authentic part of Epcot and Disney as a whole. The ride should be immortalized into permanent ride status.

golenium

1stStarIC2nite said:
It's not that it's bad... I enjoy some of the things... it just didn't make any sense to anyone in my group, myself included; and I thought it was just weird... I love mexican culture... but definately not that ride

You're right, it's a very cult classic ride. I still don't understand it and I've been on it at least 20 times. I believe the reason it'll never be shut down besides the low operating overhead is you have to consider that the Mexico pavilion itself isn't going anywhere any time soon. Plenty of people go in there to eat at the San Angel Inn and then there's the marketplace with all the Mexican trinkets and paraphenalia.

I think rides become seasonal either because they lose their sponsorship, as with WoL, or if they've become seriously dated, like Timekeeper and CoP.

shoppingnut

mykittenhatesyo said:
El Rio Del Tiempo has been there forever, it's an authentic part of Epcot and Disney as a whole. The ride should be immortalized into permanent ride status.

It would be great if they did a little updating with some of the films and made them look better, not so 70's.

SirGoofy

mykittenhatesyo said:

Well, if rumors are true, you maybe upset with what's to come at ERDT.

I don't want any seasonal attractions. Every attraction that is operational should be open.

golenium

I definitely wouldn't mind a bit of an overhaul as long as the overall theme isn't entirely changed. According to this site, in 1999, the rumor was it would be turned into a Donald Duck ONLY theme, if that were true, there would be reason for some outrage.

DopeysGirl1226

shoppingnut said:
It would be great if they did a little updating with some of the films and made them look better, not so 70's.

Although with todays fashion trend turning back to that way, it seems to be a little more up to date then it actually is.

I love the guys who jump off the cliff and magically get back to the top.

Epcot82Guy

I agree that it is a cult classic, but I also see the need for the updates. I would just be very surprised if the Mexican government would approve the 3 Cabs update. It really doesn't do anything to advance Mexican culture, it is not a popular Disney film, and it would be more costly than simply updating the attraction. Is it a possiblity (or even a good chance), of course! However, I think merely adding a new ending scene, some strong animatronics, new videos, etc. could be a much better approach. I also think that extending the attraction (which could be done behind the building if desired) could be helpful - small drop ala Maelstrom.

I just really would be disappointed by the character invasion to continue into Epcot, especially World Showcase. It almost says to me: our accomplishments as innovators or as cultures isn't interesting enough. We need Mickey for people to ride. That is borderline offensive IMHO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom