New Return Procedure at Soarin'

71jason

Original Poster
A few posts on this in the Anna & Elsa thread, but probably deserves its own, as this attraction has a wider fanbase.

Apparently today started the new "no standby" line policy at Soarin'. From what I gather when you walk up, you're given a paper ticket with a return time. Problem is, all the tickets were distributed by 5 p.m. If you walked up after, can't even line up.

Seth from Touring Plans/Orlando Weekly tweeted "Land Pavilion crowd control part of Soarin test, stairs all 1-way only. CMs admit it isn't going well. ~@skubersky"

I'm still not 100% on the details here, but curious about any first-hand reports of how the system works (or does not).

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Wait.......this sounds just like the OLD fastpass. Instead of racing to a machine now for a paper ticket with a return time you are racing to a CM for a paper ticket with a return time? What is going on here?!?!?
You don't have to race they were giving them out until 5:00 pm. But it does seem odd unless this is a test to be integrated with MBs later. Never wait longer then 30 minutes. Just scan you band and get a return time?

DVCPluto

So you would not have to stand in that horrible concrete queue?? Love the theory... Now the actual practice might be a bit tricky.

I say give everyone, who does not get there in time for a paper ticket, a free treat from sunshine seasons. Win win, right?

cw1982

So you would not have to stand in that horrible concrete queue?? Love the theory... Now the actual practice might be a bit tricky.

I say give everyone, who does not get there in time for a paper ticket, a free treat from sunshine seasons. Win win, right?

1. This is TDO were talking about... lol
2. Not everyone can be appeased with food. ;)

doctornick

Ignoring the logistics of this new system, isn't Soarin' a terrible ride to test at given it's entrance is located inside the Land building? Are they having people walk all the way inside to get a pass (or be told late in the day that they are out)? I mean, you could be wasting 10-15 minutes just going in to get the pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom