New Resorts

Voxel

President of Progress City
I would love to see an elaborately themed Star Wars resort! This would be a huge addition to DHS area and really be a big draw for Star Wars fans... As long as its a value or moderate... No DVC Death Star please.

Aside from that, I still think it would be cool to see the Persian themed resort. Based similar to the original plans, however put it in the spot to the north east of Poly, and south west of Contemporary (red circle below). This location be part of the monorail loop as well. Maybe tie in some Aladdin themeing.

View attachment 89180
Disney has attempted to build there before. Soil is extremely saturated there meaning high cost for proper foundation if a safe foundation can even be built. When they placed test piles for support they kept sinking never to be seen again.

TXDisney

Almost all the disney resorts are American themed. So to stay on track with that I think it'd be cool for them to do a western Texas style resort. Restaurants could be BBQ, steakhouses, etc.

Matt_Black

Almost all the disney resorts are American themed. So to stay on track with that I think it'd be cool for them to do a western Texas style resort. Restaurants could be BBQ, steakhouses, etc.

Mmm... Not a bad idea, but thematically it would kind of step on the toes of the Wilderness Lodge and Coronado Springs.

TXDisney

Not really Coronado springs is more a Mexican theme then cowboy. And wilderness lodge is more mountains log cabin type themed. I'm saying do a western theme. I live in Texas. We have plenty of western theme places that look awesome and a hotel could be themed off of. And the food could be great. Only part that'd be missing us the only real western character is woody from toy story. But they could just dress up classic characters in western gear too,

Matt_Black

I'm just saying that Texas is in the Southwest (which is the same sort of area that people think of when they think "Mexico") and the whole ranch with cowboys thing is covered to a degree with the lodge, so a Texas resort would be a cross between the two thematically.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The Venitian plot is out. The Persian looks at a boneyard.

I say go for broke and build the canal from Bay Lake to the south to the planned resort area north of the STOLport.

And then enact Seven Seas phase two and extend the lagoon west. Both plans are proposed, just never built for the obvious reasons.

Just no more DVC.

Flippin'Flounder

The Fantasyland Hotel. This would have different sections for different Fantasyland attractions. They would be Tangled, Peter Pan, IASW, Dumbo, Snow White, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, and Alice in Wonderland.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I've always loved a bed and breakfast and I also like the idea of using United States locations as inspirations for the Disney Hotels. How bout the Disney take on a bed and breakfast with either a New England seaside theme or a Colonial (Williamsburg/Jamestown) theme? Given the experience, it would have to be a Delux hotel, but you build a small "city" of 30-40 "houses" with each house having 10-15 rooms, a central recreational room, and a central dining room (much like a traditional bed and breakfast). Each house has a main cast member who greats you as you enter and is there conversing with you at breakfast each day (much like at a traditional bed and breakfast). Of course if they went with the New England theme, the signature restaurant at the property would be an amazing seafood location. It would take some work to get the bed and breakfast type feel in a resort large enough to fit the demand, but I think it would be really awesome to see it pulled off!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom