New Projectors at Fantasmic! Area

VJ

Original Poster
The site-that-shall-not-be-named is reporting that new projectors have arrived at Fantasmic! that will be used for the Pirates of the Caribbean segment.

"A few weeks ago, we told you that Disney is developing a new version of Fantasmic! for when it returns to Disneyland Park in the Summer of 2017. Well, the revolutionary projectors for the Pirates of the Caribbean sequence in this updated show have already been installed along the Rivers of America."

WhzK6hY.jpg

NobodyElse

Hmmm.... It'll be neat to see how this works out.

When this idea was first mentioned, I somehow pictured something like a little dolly track down near water level along the edge of the river, with projectors that would move in sync with the Columbia (always staying at a perpendicular projection angle to the boat). Shows what I know about this tech.

VJ

Original Poster
What's so sinful about saying MiceChat? MiceChat, MiceChat, MICECHAT.

Anyways, I have to see the new effects before I get excited.
Yeah, wasn't MiceChat. The site in question is blocked by WDWMAGIC's filters so.. not my call.

I'm trying to keep my excitement in check until I see the new show (because cool concept or not it depends on how it's executed) but it's kinda hard sometimes.

Californian Elitist

It wasn't MiceChat who reported this.

Yeah, wasn't MiceChat. The site in question is blocked by WDWMAGIC's filters so.. not my call.

I'm trying to keep my excitement in check until I see the new show (because cool concept or not it depends on how it's executed) but it's kinda hard sometimes.

Good, though I have seen people refer to MiceChat in the same manner, which is just ludicrous.

Definitely keeping mine in check as well.

BrianLo

Probably because that site is a direct competitor to this one, unlike MiceAge which is more DLR focused.

There was a big blowout with that site owner many years ago, from what I understand. It's not the direct competition, it's the fact they were on a smear campaign and Steve felt it warranted to not purposely send their site traffic.

Animaniac93-98

There was a big blowout with that site owner many years ago, from what I understand. It's not the direct competition, it's the fact they were on a smear campaign and Steve felt it warranted to not purposely send their site traffic.

Didn't know the history behind the blocked url. If that's the case, than I can understand the reasoning behind it.

SuddenStorm

Still very cautious about these changes. New tech doesn't automatically make a better show- and I believe that Disney has been unable to capture the "magic" of the DL Fantasmic in any of the shows they've done since, including the version they did at Disney World. I'd prefer that they just utilize this tech for the current Peter Pan Scene, as well as other scenes in the show- it could make the pinocchio, Jungle Book, and Elephant segments significantly more interesting.

It's good to see they're installing the projectors now, hopefully we'll get to see some test footage of the running before July.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom