New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Matt_Black

It does. Having two attractions of one IP in the same park, ESPECIALLY in the same land, would be pushing it. And you know people would be complaining- "Oh, so now it's Disney's LION Kingdom now..."

doctornick

It does. Having two attractions of one IP in the same park, ESPECIALLY in the same land, would be pushing it. And you know people would be complaining- "Oh, so now it's Disney's LION Kingdom now..."

Again: in Fantasyland in DL, you have two rides based on Dumbo and two rides based on Alice Wonderland. They are basically both next to each other. Is this a problem?

Similarly, in Epcot you have the Nemo ride which is co-located next to the Turtle Time with Crush show. That seems to be a reasonable comp with what having FOTLK and a Lion King dark ride near each other would be.

lazyboy97o

Pushing what? And AK could have Mystic Manor with an adventures club lounge built next to JTTCOE and people would still complain, so that doesn't prove anything.
Probably because that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Neither Mystic Manor nor the Adventurer's Club are about animals.

orky8

Probably because that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Neither Mystic Manor nor the Adventurer's Club are about animals.

Sarcasm is sometimes lost on the internet, but are you telling me that you couldn't see how Henry Mystic and the adventurers club could fit into the AK? I mean, they are about exploring -- safaris -- adventurer's life -- jungle -- animals. No? Too much of a stretch. Guess will just have to stick with Pandora.

lazyboy97o

Sarcasm is sometimes lost on the internet, but are you telling me that you couldn't see how Henry Mystic and the adventurers club could fit into the AK? I mean, they are about exploring -- safaris -- adventurer's life -- jungle -- animals. No? Too much of a stretch. Guess will just have to stick with Pandora.
I see them as the same sort of stretch.

twebber55

Well one is about living in harmony with nature and conservation and the other is about big game hunting

orky8

Yeah, you're totally right. I've never gotten the slightest sense at DAK that there was an overarching message about conservation or protecting the planet.
Everest, nemo, dinoland, kali don't really scream conservation to me. I'm not saying its a message, I just think ak could exist fine without it. Ak to me feels like adventure land on steroids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom