New Music at Space Mt.

se8472

Original Poster
The music at the unload area has been changed to something new. I don't know if it has a name or not and none of the cast could figure out if it comes from something old. However, the new score sounds like the one used in Paris before there Space was redone. Very epic like, as if some star ship is about to dock.

So the next time you come to visit me, keep you ears open! :)

diddy_mouse

very interesting indeed....Space Mtn has some of my all time favorite queue music, I'll definitly keep a listen out for the new stuff :D

yeah I noticed that too, it was that hip sounding jazzy number. Sounded like a martini commercial from the 60's. I really liked it, I'm pretty upset it's gone.

se8472

Original Poster
speck76 said:
I believe they went back to the old music.

The music that usedto play on the exit ramp and through the unload area was from Juan Garcia Esquivel.....it was added when Fedex became the sponsor.

http://www.spaceagepop.com/esquivel.htm

are you sure? some of the cast have been there since the days of RCA and said they have never heard it before.

hmmm.... :veryconfu

disneywy

Just throwing this out there, but could it be some of the new music from Disneyland's Space Mountain? The on board soundtrack for DL's SM is very much like "The Incredibles" (made by the same guy), so if it sounds like "The Incredibles" at all that might be where it is from.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I was hoping this track was on the HCoE double cd. unless i over looked it, i didnt see it.

thanks for the heads up about the music....... sometimes a little wait in the SM queue isnt so bad, you get to listen to the best music.

dxwwf3

That music was one of those things that I associated with the whole New Tomorrowland changes back in 94-95. I don't know if that's when it was put into place or not, but I also thought it fit in great with the "Future That Never Was", retro Sci-Fi theme. But since that theme is pretty much dead, I guess I can see why a change might have happened. It will be interesting to hear on my next trip.

ArielBelle

Off Topic...but

dxwwf3......Tennessee 30 - LSU 27
let me remind you---Florida 16 - Tennessse 7 :sohappy:

Okay..now back to regularly scheduled posting.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
jmaxwell007 said:
sometimes a little wait in the SM queue isnt so bad, you get to listen to the best music.

YES!!!! I totally agree!!! :sohappy:

I'm going to go listen to the Tunnel music.... I would have to rate that little piece of synthesized tuneage to be one of, if not my #1, all-time favorite music piece from WDW.

joel_maxwell

HauntedPirate said:
YES!!!! I totally agree!!! :sohappy:

I'm going to go listen to the Tunnel music.... I would have to rate that little piece of synthesized tuneage to be one of, if not my #1, all-time favorite music piece from WDW.
do you have this music in an mp3 or something.

OFF TOPIC #2: BAMA vs. UF this weekend :sohappy:

maxime29

Premium Member
They got rid of Music Makers? NOOOOO!

It did remind me of a 60s martini bar. Anyway, the song is off Esquivel's album "Space-Age Bachelor Pad Music". I picked it up off Amazon for $7. I believe he has another track called Sentimental Journey which was played somewhere in Space Mountain at one point from what I understand.

blackerbys17

Well, I got the Space mountain music off some website that had a bunch of Disney music for free. It's great, I even have the monorail recording plus many others. I use them to make Disney DVD home videos of our trips. It's great for when the video of the rides come out too noisy. I then delete the audio in my video and fill it in with the Disney soundtrack instead. You should see my home videos, they look and sound pretty darn good if I do say so myself. :animwink: Anyone want it? I'll email if possible.

Chux

Me and my gf would always take our time going up the converyor belt to listen to that funny music. :( At least the star tunnel music is the same.

joel_maxwell

Chux said:
Me and my gf would always take our time going up the converyor belt to listen to that funny music. :( At least the star tunnel music is the same.
see, that is what im looking for. an mp3 someone could graciously email me of the star tunnel music. anybody have a copy?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom