New Muppet-Vision Preshow Incoming?

COProgressFan

20 years is too soon?

No 20 years is not too long for a refresh, but why change something that works? The pre-show is an integral part of the show, IMO, and in many ways captures some of the irreverant Muppet zaniness even better than the actual 3D film.

It was rumored several years ago that the pre-show would be replaced, and fortunately it was not. I would be quite disappointed to see it changed out, as I'm sure would many others. I have very little confidence that a new version could top the original.

Debbie was sick, so the union sent me...

GrumpyFan

It was rumored several years ago that the pre-show would be replaced, and fortunately it was not. I would be quite disappointed to see it changed out, as I'm sure would many others. I have very little confidence that a new version could top the original.

Jim Hill mentioned this on a Len Testa's Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish podcast.
Apparently, the video for the pre-show was re-done by David Gumpel a few years ago, but nothing has been done with it.
Perhaps they are/were trying to get a new sponsor to help pay for it.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Based on the OP, doesn't this seem to be more about making some of the props interactive and less on the change of the pre-show film? Am I just not jumping to the correct conclusion that the pre-show film would be replaced as well?

openendedsky

Based on the OP, doesn't this seem to be more about making some of the props interactive and less on the change of the pre-show film? I'm I just not jumping to the correct conclusion that the pre-show film would be replaced as well?
I personally wouldn't mind this, but I know a lot of people around here are getting fed up with all of the interactive queue stuff.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
One interesting thought is maybe they are adding the new interactive stuff because rather than updating the preshow, they could turn it into a holding room of sorts to give guests stuff to mess with rather than watching a video... Just a thought...

openendedsky

One interesting thought is maybe they are adding the new interactive stuff because rather than updating the preshow, they could turn it into a holding room of sorts to give guests stuff to mess with rather than watching a video... Just a thought...
But I think they could/should keep the pre show along with that.

mitchk

Although I really did enjoy the new Muppet movie, after watching it a few times, I would hate to see anything changed in the pre show, or main show of Muppets 3D. All of the Muppets are voiced by the people who first brought them to life, this marked one of the very last, if not the last time this was done. Jim passed away, then Richard Hunt a year and a half later. My point is this is a classic show, and should be left for generations to come.

taz0162

They could have the preshow and interactive elements to the room. It would bring the crazines of the show to more in your face interaction. The movie needs a little TLC cleanup to HD because it was looking a little ruff. The 3D worked properly in Dec but the clarity needed some tweaking.

SJN1279

Although I really did enjoy the new Muppet movie, after watching it a few times, I would hate to see anything changed in the pre show, or main show of Muppets 3D. All of the Muppets are voiced by the people who first brought them to life, this marked one of the very last, if not the last time this was done. Jim passed away, then Richard Hunt a year and a half later. My point is this is a classic show, and should be left for generations to come.

The show is very dated. They could easily release the pre-show and movie as a DVD extra on Muppets 2 DVD and update the attraction.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
NO!!!!!!!!!!! I always laugh so hard at that preshow! Especially the part where they try to put the sign in the right place while screaming " WOAH WOAH! Joe! Joe! A little higher.... Woah! Too much Joe!!!!!!!" :p

That's the problem...it was a Kodak sign...so I wonder what is in the preshow right now during that part

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Personally, IMO, the only things that need to be updated would be improving Waldo a little (they can do pretty decent CG muppets these days, just look at Sesame Street and Abby's Flying Fairy School) and updating the people in the crowd at the very end, who are all wearing quite dated clothing and dont quite keep up the illusion that the wall has been destroyed.
Other than that, leave Jim's last project as is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom