New monorail queue system at TTC + statue pix

TimeTrip

Original Poster
I stopped in today and was surprised they had put in a new monorail queueing system at the TTC. The express monorail loads from the middle ramp as usual, but guests must go up the left ramp where they are held in the old resort monorail waiting area. This keeps the regular express monorail waiting area clear.. until the next monorail arrives? I'm not sure about that.

Guests for the resort monorail now must go up the left-most ramp of the TTC monorail station, instead of the left side of the middle ramp.

For some pictures click here and use the next button. Forgive me if this is old news ;).

I also put up some pictures of the mickey statues at the MK. Click here and use the next button.

amejr999

Is the new entrance to the resort monorail the same as the old exit? If so, where's the new exit? Do guests get on and off the monorail on the same side?

MonorailGreen

Originally posted by amejr999
Is the new entrance to the resort monorail the same as the old exit? If so, where's the new exit? Do guests get on and off the monorail on the same side?

They probably load and unload on the same sides now. You have to consider that if your staying at a Magic Kingdom Resort (on the monorail) you won't really use the TTC station that much, unless buses don't go to where you need or you are going to Epcot.:slurp:

TimeTrip

Original Poster
Yes it is the same as the old exit. The ramp is split halfway up the ramp. The right side is the waiting area for guests, the left side has a one-way gate for guests coming off the resort monorail. So yes, guests board and get off from the same side for the resort monorail.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure they've done this before. I think they might change the ramps/signs depending on how crowded things are.

TimeTrip

Original Poster
You're probably right.. and now that i think about it.. that split/one-way gate on the resort exit ramp has been there for a while. I just wonder why it was set up like that almost all day today...

marksniles

Originally posted by TimeTrip
I stopped in today and was surprised they had put in a new monorail queueing system at the TTC. The express monorail loads from the middle ramp as usual, but guests must go up the left ramp where they are held in the old resort monorail waiting area. This keeps the regular express monorail waiting area clear.. until the next monorail arrives? I'm not sure about that.

Guests for the resort monorail now must go up the left-most ramp of the TTC monorail station, instead of the left side of the middle ramp.

For some pictures click here and use the next button. Forgive me if this is old news ;).

I also put up some pictures of the mickey statues at the MK. Click here and use the next button.

Great Pics of Mickey!! Great JOb!

Invero

Originally posted by TimeTrip

This is actually nothing new. It really all depends on who is working the Base station. There are some old timers that have to do it one way... which is why this way wasn't seen often. However, it could be that they have different area bid lines now, which allows for different ways to do things. There are about 10 different chain queue configureations for that station.

A lot of the signs at the TTC are really just large magnets that can be changed as needed. The "Resort Monorail" sign on the far left side is actually a flip up sign to reveal a Do Not Enter sign when it's not in use.

Although, what IS new is on the Resort side, they finally got a real gate. Before that, we had a chain that people would undo themselves.

CTXRover

Originally posted by disneygirl03
How long will the statues be there? They're really cool. Sorry if someone has the answer posted somewhere else...

I believe they will be in WDW until April 2004. They will then go on a nationwide city tour before ending at Disneyland for its 50th and then be auctioned off for each celebrity's charity of choice.

Monorail Lime

Wow, the last monorail picture is absolutely disgraceful. Several burned out lights in the skylight, a cast member who appears to be picking his fingernails instead of interacting with the guests, and worst of all... THAT PAINT JOB!!!
:cry: :cry:

Invero

I know that CM there... he's actually a good guy, one of the better CMs there.

And yes, an attrocious paint job :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom