New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

mikenatcity1

Ha, so late to the party but just noticed Clarabelle and Horace got new heads too. They look great.
24317423347_80b879ab1a_b.jpg

They look so cute and friendly! I love the fresh look!

OG Runner

I may just be getting old because I don't see a difference. Maybe my eyes are going. Soooooo.. They look great! Or... They are awful!

I agree, the changes are not "more" anything. The shading looks a little different. (which could be the lighting). The overall head appears a little smaller. (could that be the size of the person wearing it) The tongues looks little larger. The stripes on the gloves are a little thinner. These are all small changes, not worthy of a huge reaction one way or the other.

memethyst

sorry for bumping this thread but i wanted to give my opinions.

so when i first saw the photos and videos i thought they looked super weird and like their eyes looked reaaaally weird. but recently they came to wdw so last month i saw them in person and i think they're fine. i mean they're not the mickey and minnie of my childhood but they're pretty cute. minnie's new dress is definitely better than her old one though.

Kman101

sorry for bumping this thread but i wanted to give my opinions.

so when i first saw the photos and videos i thought they looked super weird and like their eyes looked reaaaally weird. but recently they came to wdw so last month i saw them in person and i think they're fine. i mean they're not the mickey and minnie of my childhood but they're pretty cute. minnie's new dress is definitely better than her old one though.

I get we're so used to how things are, because we've had the same faces for what, decades now? But I really like the new faces. I also like the costume updates. And I liked the costume updates for Anastasia and Drizella, even if the others were more "out of the movie" so to speak.

I'd like to see Donald refreshed, personally.

brb1006

I get we're so used to how things are, because we've had the same faces for what, decades now? But I really like the new faces. I also like the costume updates. And I liked the costume updates for Anastasia and Drizella, even if the others were more "out of the movie" so to speak.

I'd like to see Donald refreshed, personally.
Chip and Dale really deserve a refresh at this point. They had the same costume design since 1981 (Which was Walt Disney World's 10th Anniversary at the time)
ton123456LARGE.jpg

asianway

Does anybody here know how long he was gone for? I didn't know that he ever left. Also, did anyone else notice that the new Scuba Diver Mickey's gloves are the same as the old Mickey's? This must mean that Scuba Diver Mickey's gloves are specially made and waterproofed.
He never left, he is only available for Corporate events, which means he needs to keep his skills current randomly. Which is what this was.

Kman101

Chip and Dale really deserve a refresh at this point. They had the same costume design since 1981 (Which was Walt Disney World's 10th Anniversary at the time)
ton123456LARGE.jpg

Chip and Dale look fine though. But the rest could each use some sort of refresh. For me, I want a more natural Donald. Goofy could also use a small refresh similar to Mickey and Minnie, same for Chip and Dale. Donald needs a smaller body suit to better match how he really looks.

brb1006

Goofy should really be next. Goofy is a nightmare.
Yeah Goofy deserves a makeover. I really love how the newer looks for Clarabelle and Horace. I hope they do something similar to Goofy. His face always looked off compared to his appearances such as this.

images

And should look more like this.

Speaking of the Goofys, when will Disney finally update his son Max. His design hasn't changed since his Goof Troop days and still retains that hairstyle since day one. I prefer his current look that began with A Goofy Movie.
14638976291_47b40909e7_b.jpg

brb1006

Chip and Dale look fine though. But the rest could each use some sort of refresh. For me, I want a more natural Donald. Goofy could also use a small refresh similar to Mickey and Minnie, same for Chip and Dale. Donald needs a smaller body suit to better match how he really looks.
I agree about Chip and Dale, while they do look fine. I feel like they both need a makeover around the head shape, facial structure and costumes. I love how Mickey and Minnie's new heads have different size and facial structure to make them look more expressive and stick out more. Since the older Mickey and Minnie heads would be the either the same size or the same Mickey head with makeup. The most notable is the new Mickey and Minnie heads have different sizes noses.

I hope they might do something similar for the chipmunks. Dale's nose needs to be more redder since it looks brown depending on the lighting. It's why I really love the Chip and Dale nutcrackers sold during the Christmas seasons sometime last year or a year before that.
24b68206fa0a62580574a07173db7f76.jpg

Also Donald Duck is the most notable of Mickey's friends that gotten the most amount of costume designs over the years. Such as his look which lasted from the late 1970's till the mid 1990's.
bigDisney019.jpg

But I have a soft spot for this design of Donald that lasted from 1996 till 2002. Since the bottom half of his body isn't as plump and his legs looked more natural.
images

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom