New Magic Bands Coming Out???

stevehousse

Original Poster
So I know they have said they were redesigning the bands to be more comfortable, but no release date has been set...

With that said, has anyone watched the new special on Destination America on the Disney World Hotels? It's brand new and at the very end they talk about all that is MM+.

Now they showed the normal bands that they have out now, however, a little boy is seen wearing and using a magic band that doesn't look anything like the current incarnation! His looked like leather, that was pirate themed, almost like a map?

I might be crazy, but it didn't look like a MB cover or anything I have seen them sell at Disney.

Does anyone have any info into the latest bands???

stevehousse

Original Poster
Ok upon second viewing maybe it doesn't look too leathery, but it definately is a new design and look. Now don't kill me over these really sh*tt y screencaps but it's the best I got.
image.jpg

image.jpg

216bruce

Yeah, it does look different. Depending on when the show was shot, it could have been an earlier prototype for the band. If they shot this quite a while ago, then a final, as-we-know-it band may still have been in development and they used these "stunt bands/stand-ins". On the side of this being a new band design I ask if the context it was used in showed a current "in-use" Mickey Head post that it was being "pressed on" in a park for entry or FP+. That'd give a good clue as to when it was shot.

Betsyboo

Could it have been one of the covers they sell now? I noticed last week that they have several designs but don't remember a pirate themed one.

I will mention that they sell two different sizes of band covers, Small and Large. When I was looking at them the CM tried to tell me that kids get smaller bands so they'd need the Small size. I'm pretty sure she's wrong. I thought everyone got the same size and if you wanted it smaller you removed the grey section. I believe the Small size would fit the band with the grey removed and the Large would fit the band in it's standard form.

Didn't mean to hijack you there but wanted to share.

Could it have been one of the covers they sell now? I noticed last week that they have several designs but don't remember a pirate themed one.

I will mention that they sell two different sizes of band covers, Small and Large. When I was looking at them the CM tried to tell me that kids get smaller bands so they'd need the Small size. I'm pretty sure she's wrong. I thought everyone got the same size and if you wanted it smaller you removed the grey section. I believe the Small size would fit the band with the grey removed and the Large would fit the band in it's standard form.

Didn't mean to hijack you there but wanted to share.

There are pirate themed ones. And I'm pretty sure you are right, the grey section can be removed to make the band smaller.

stevehousse

Original Poster
Yes, I went looking at all things MB accessories and they do have a pirate themed cover, but it's black, looks nothing like what was on the show.

The kid was shown at a store and a cm scans his band with an iPad? It was just really weird because he was the only one they showed with a band that looked like that...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom