New Hotels???

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
When I look up pricing on the Disney website there are 3 new options of hotels....

Here's one of the links: http://disneyspringshotels.com/
Anyone know anything about these? Are they new? Have they been there but are now just starting to have transportation to the parks? I am so curious.

Thanks for any info you may have!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, you have your Disney resort owned and run by Disney... Pop, Contemporary, Coronado, etc...

Then you have your Disney resort leased to be run by an outside hotel chain... Swan and Dolphin.

Then you have your others....

upload_2017-3-14_13-34-38.png

When you click on "More Great Accommodations"... you get to this...

upload_2017-3-14_13-36-29.png

Disney has varying relationships with these hotels. None of them have the 60 day FP privilege or automatic MagicBands.

The Four Seasons is in a category all it's own. It does have character dining.

The Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels are the ones right on Disney property next to DS. They've banded together to have their own shuttle which they advertise runs every 30 minutes. But, the shuttle stops at multiple hotels and then stops at two park destinations. The upside is that these hotels are withing walking distance of DS (5 to 20 minutes depending which one) and that gets you into the Disney bubble. (I just stayed at the Best Western this past week.)

The Good Neighbor Hotels are just local hotels with minimal Disney vetting in case you find the Four Seasons a bit too pricey.

upload_2017-3-14_13-43-45.png

Tuvalu

Premium Member
These hotels have been around forever. All have been refurbished/renovated over the years (and some have changed names.) They are located on Hotel Plaza Blvd. near the Marketplace entrance to Disney Springs. They all have free shuttles to the parks, though not as frequent as Disney buses and their bus stop locations at the parks tend to be in outlying locations.

drwadadli

When I look up pricing on the Disney website there are 3 new options of hotels....

Here's one of the links: http://disneyspringshotels.com/
Anyone know anything about these? Are they new? Have they been there but are now just starting to have transportation to the parks? I am so curious.

Thanks for any info you may have!
The website is new since the name change to Disney Springs but the hotels there are old (or as one member put it "forever"). To give you some idea, here is a list of those hotels in the Disney Springs area and when they opened:

October 1, 1972 - B Resort
October 15, 1972 - Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
November 21, 1972 - Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
February 8, 1973 - Holiday Inn in the Walt Disney World Resort
March 10, 1983 - Buena Vista Palace Resort & Spa
November 23, 1983 - Hilton Walt Disney World
March 15, 1987 - Doubletree Guest Suite Resort
January 1, 1990 - Walt Disney World Dolphin (list as "Other Select Deluxe Resorts")
January 13, 1990 - Walt Disney World Swan (list as "Other Select Deluxe Resorts")
August 3, 2014 - Four Seasons Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort

As far as transportation, we stayed at the Wyndham this past February. They all offer a bus service to the parks but sometimes you might have to wait a little awhile. We were trying to go to Epcot but waited close to 40 minutes. We didn't think about it until after the MK bus left but we could have taken the MK bus and then take the monorail from MK to Epcot. Also, staying at these hotel make it easy to go Disney Springs for dinner and walking around especially on days when the parks close at 7 - 8 pm.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Ok. You all are confirming what I thought... Now the question is: Do I want to stay at any of them... The transportation could be an issue bc I have little ones that need to go back for naps.... hmmm

drwadadli

Ok. You all are confirming what I thought... Now the question is: Do I want to stay at any of them... The transportation could be an issue bc I have little ones that need to go back for naps.... hmmm
My opinion would be no. If you have little ones that need to take a nap, then you would probably want to be on property where transportation is more dependable or even staying like on the monorail loop so you could leave the park and get back to a room quickly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom