New Haunted Mansion

Watusimanu

Original Poster
Now, when I say New Haunted Mansion, I don't want anyone to freak out over how "it's a classic" and stuff. I know that and respect that. This thread is not about replacing the Haunted Mansion, or upgrading it, or anything. It's to design your idea for a perfect Haunted Mansion that would go in another "Disney Dream Park".

In my Disney Dream Park, the Haunted Mansion is located on Main Street to maintain the tradition of having it in another land. My Mansion and Main Street have an extensive backstory, similar to Phantom Manor and Paris Frontierland.

David Crockerfield was the mayor of Main Street. As such, he was also the richest, as he demanded higher taxes to spend on himself. He used this money to build a lush and beautiful manor on the top of a hill over looking the entire town. However, the hill was already occupied by the town's graveyard, so he simply moved the headstones and left the bodies.

He married and had 2 daughters, Elizabeth and Annabelle. He continued to demand more taxes and did a very poor job of running the town. Many sins went unpunished. Everybody hated him, and this was apparent through rocks through the windows, gardens being trampled, and such. However, he settled down with his family, and relaxed. Eventually, it went so far till his wife was murdered by an unknown person. David was devestated.

One day, Elizabeth announced that she was engaged to the baker, and was to leave town. David would not allow his family to seperate, and vowed they would stay together forever.

The wedding was prepared, and the bridal shop sent a runner to give the bride some last minute selections of veils and hats. However, the groom caught her cheating on him, and decapitated the runner with his sword. The bride ran away, and the groom was grief-stricken. The runner was married however, and once his wife heard the news of his murder and Elizabeth's cheating, she went and locked the bride in the trunk in the attic, just before the wedding. The bride was not to be found, and neither was the groom. Eventually the remains of the groom were found hung from the rafters. They figured he killed himself after learning of her cheating. The bride however, remained locked in the trunk. David and Annabeth mysteriously disappeared, never to be seen again.

Strange things started happening after that. Portraits would change and would stare at the maids and butlers. Books would fly out of the library. Things would levitate. Some people say it's the spirits of the bride and groom. Others say it's the disturbed ghosts in the graveyard. Eventually, a gypsy came to town, and was deeply disturbed by the extreme presence of evil and sin that lingered in the air, and found it radiating from the house. She banished it to hell, where ghosts overtook it, waiting for you....

Yes, it needs some work, and there are some plot holes, but I'm working on it. Next, I'll work on the queue and ride experience. Anybody have a name idea for this?

Watusimanu

Original Poster
Yep. He's a big part of the story. ^^^ He was a runner from the bridal shop sending last minute options, when he cheated on his wife and was beheaded by the soon-to-be-groom. His wife locked Elizabeth in a trunk in the attic before the wedding, and you can see that the bride's dress is caught in the trunk, since she climbed out. You can see the key to the trunk in the Bridal shop on Main Street to help enrich the story.

Sorry I haven't been updating, I haven't found time yet. The hatbox ghost is in the attic with the bride. And the bride doesn't say stupid sayings anymore, just heart beats and occasional sobs...

Ride through to come!

mouse_luv

I usually don't like these kinds of threads, but since you are talking about HM related things, I had to take a peek. I like this idea. A lot. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom