News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

mickEblu

It’s really sad to lose areas of the park like that - I agree. For me though, opening up the bandstand will be a huge win and I’m really hoping we get a nice train watching area as well!

Well we definitely lose train station watching areas. Probably some of those benches and the planter near the train station/ old HM FP station. Probably lose the planter people sit on behind the current bandstand/ Tiana’s Palace too. I guess you could watch the train from one of the few tables they’ll add to the area if you can snag one. There is also some seating by the new fountain in the concept art but not sure what the view is from there.

PiratesMansion

1. We don't know that the masoleum isn't coming back and is gone forever now.
2. You guys forget that until a few years ago, that area was relatively incomplete with the tombstones missing, etc.
3. While the masoleum was a nice thematically appropriate touch, it alone did not make that relatively shadeless mass of switchbacks a fun area to wait in.

Last edited:

Dear Prudence

1. We don't know that the masoleum isn't coming back and is gone forever now.
2. You guys forget that until a few years ago, that area was relatively incomplete with the tombstones missing, etc.
3. While the masoleum was a nice thematically appropriate touch, they alone did not make that relatively shadeless mass of switchbacks a fun area to wait in.
True, but that was the original from 1969.

As for the missing tombstones, it's definitely been on my mind, especially since everything always got messed up with HMH.

PiratesMansion

I'd argue and say the guest experience should take precedence here. The switchbacks were absolutely horrid especially in the sun. Fingers crossed Imagineers are able to improve upon the space and reinstate the mausoleum et al.
Exactly. There's no saying they can't do both, except for fans who have convinced themselves that Disney is incapable of doing anything right.

Not everything is as I would like it to be, but Disney shown themselves to be FAR more careful and considerate in dealing with Disneyland Park specifically compared to other things in the resort.

It's not like they have no idea that this is an iconic ride with a big, opinionated following. They did more for Mansion's 50th than they did for the 50th of Pirates.

And honestly, the masoleum didn't do much to make waiting in that area more interesting or pleasant. It was a nice detail, but little more. There's nothing preventing them from making something similar or better in this queue redo. So far some are putting up bigger guardrails on Disney's ability to do anything than Disney itself has done with this project.

Dear Prudence

Exactly. There's no saying they can't do both, except for fans who have convinced themselves that Disney is incapable of doing anything right.

Not everything is as I would like it to be, but Disney shown themselves to be FAR more careful and considerate in dealing with Disneyland Park specifically compared to other things in the resort.

It's not like they have no idea that this is an iconic ride with a big, opinionated following. They did more for Mansion's 50th than they did for the 50th of Pirates.

And honestly, the masoleum didn't do much to make waiting in that area more interesting or pleasant. It was a nice detail, but little more. There's nothing preventing them from making something similar or better in this queue redo. So far some are putting up bigger guardrails on Disney's ability to do anything than Disney itself has done with this project.
Honestly was surprised how much they slept on Pirates' 50th!!!

AJFireman

Herr is some pictures from the train side as the station is closed
1000006346.jpg
1000006326.jpg

Dear Prudence

I'd argue and say the guest experience should take precedence here. The switchbacks were absolutely horrid especially in the sun. Fingers crossed Imagineers are able to improve upon the space and reinstate the mausoleum et al.
I didn't realize the switch backs were such a problem until now, I guess!

PiratesMansion

They're going to save some of the trees. Not all of them, but some of them. WDW would have leveled all of them.

The queue area with the switchbacks was never that great.

The ride objectively needed a queue expansion.

The park that people are upset is being shortchanged/made smaller/removed/whatever it is this week was regularly hijacked into being part of Mansion's queue and was thus unusable for major portions of the day, even when the less popular regular Mansion was the version being offered. That relaxing park was unusable during the precise time of the day it was most needed for much of the year.

The potential changes within the ride? Concerning. Exterior changes? Necessary, and people are working themselves into a tizzy over things that weren't that great, or weren't functioning that effectively over the past several years.

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

We don't even really know what the finished area with trees will look like, but there sure are a lot of people who are convincing themselves that they're going to bulldoze every tree so as to better work themselves up into a lather, because heaven knows there's not enough to talk about here without people also having something to be mad about at any given time.

In the Parks
No
We don't even really know what the finished area with trees will look like, but there sure are a lot of people who are convincing themselves that they're going to bulldoze every tree so as to better work themselves up into a lather, because heaven knows there's not enough to talk about here without people also having something to be mad about at any given time.
Yeah I was more commenting on the state of the discussion than anything else! I actually think they could make this look nice with a little effort. But they're track record is not good, especially when they've taken trees out of other areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom