News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

P_Radden

It'll supplement what will exist already. I.E. the MK area is already served.
I envision some sort of (sometimes elevated) rail system (but not monorail) similar to what is shown in blue here:
ttc22.png

MCast

It'll supplement what will exist already. I.E. the MK area is already served.

Just want to ensure I'm understanding correctly; are you saying that MK will not be affected by this Phase 2 transportation project? Since area resorts are already connected?

I was thinking big i.e. New form of transport between the Pop Centuries, CBRs, of the world to MK.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Gateway will be redone, and subsequently expanded as a part of this. Expect closer to the amount of Tapstiles typhoon has. A giant security redo would also be in the works here. While I do not have specifics for Gondala run times (I dont know the exact plan), I would assume that they will be serviceable formore than an hour after park close, especially after SWL. While transport is main key, there is hope this will breath a few more people into Boardwalk. While this is step A in the transport overhaul, dont expect B for quite a bit later.

Any idea what the re-do will entail? Unless they move the shop, or expand into the back stage area, there isn't to much room to work with.

upload_2017-3-2_9-55-31.png

P_Radden

Any idea what the re-do will entail? Unless they move the shop, or expand into the back stage area, there isn't to much room to work with.

View attachment 192092
Well if the station is similar in footprint to the DHS one, it could be positioned like this:
EpcotStation2.png

EpcotStation.png

(re-posting these images)

The back side of the station would most definitely be partly "backstage" where the road and small buildings are.

MCast

View attachment 192092

I can see them expanding it to take over the space for the employee rotary behind the World Traveler store. They'll need all the space they can get when you consider it will be the converging point of three modes of transport: walkers, ferries and the gondola.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well if the station is similar in footprint to the DHS one, it could be positioned like this:
View attachment 192094
View attachment 192093

(re-posting these images)

The back side of the station would most definitely be partly "backstage" where the road and small buildings are.

I was thinking more along the lines of how they would expand the "turnstile" area. I guess there is room if they push out into the tram load area.

P_Radden

I was thinking more along the lines of how they would expand the "turnstile" area. I guess there is room if they push out into the tram load area.
Extend the turnstile building south to the Friendship Boat dock..?
ig.png

EDIT: now I'm confused. Are the trunstiles the green area I extended, or the other one to the right?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Extend the turnstile building south to the Friendship Boat dock..?
View attachment 192097

EDIT: now I'm confused. Are the trunstiles the green area I extended, or the other one to the right?

The one you extended is security and ticket booths, the one to the right is the turnstile. If they decide to push security out to the resorts for the gondola and boats they could move the walkup security to where circled in blue and then that would open up more room for turnstiles.

upload_2017-3-2_10-8-46.png

P_Radden

The one you extended is security and ticket booths, the one to the right is the turnstile. If they decide to push security out to the resorts for the gondola and boats they could move the walkup security to where circled in blue and then that would open up more room for turnstiles.

View attachment 192100
The only issue with this is guests exiting the gondola. The gondola station would be within the security check point.

They could build a new security check point out where the old tram turn around is and bring the turnstiles up to the existing security/bag check and extend it down to the boat dock.

Grimley1968

A little off topic, but will this security envelope being expanded to the resort gondola stops also apply to monorail and boat stops for MK resorts?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The only issue with this is guests exiting the gondola. The gondola station would be within the security check point.

They could build a new security check point out where the old tram turn around is and bring the turnstiles up to the existing security/bag check and extend it down to the boat dock.

That's why I said this would work IF they pushed boat and gondola security screening out to the resorts.

PREMiERdrum

Connecting resorts and parks this way makes it that much easier to define the "theme park areas" ... I believe this is now how we will see resorts grouped once the Value/Moderate/Deluxe tiered system goes away in the near future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom