News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

deWild

Sounds like the gondola system will begin construction very soon. I know that the gondolas are basically all but confirmed by Disney, but what if they're pulling our legs and the so-called gondola stations are actually designed for a bullet train from MCO? One can't help but wonder...

rushtest4echo

Sorry to veer toward the CBR discussion, but can we attribute the disappearance of moderate hotels a bit to the general decline of the American middle class?

The wealth gap has never been larger since WDW came to be. In the late 80's/early 90's Disney tried to lure the middle class. In the late 90's/early 2000's they went all value. For the last 10 years it's been a DVC/premium binge aside from Art of Animation. Maybe they've come to the realization that they need to offer more value and more premium rooms, and fewer moderate ones because the demand isn't there? Why would Disney continue to aim for the middle of the wealth spectrum when that's the one rapidly disappearing?

Goob

That wouldn't be accurate because of the expansion of Caribbean Beach Resort and Coronado Springs. Aren't those moderate?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
No, they'll both be deluxe offerings when completed (or at least priced that way). Hence the discussion of said things.
My understanding (and I have no inside information) is that portions of CBR and CSR would remain as they are today and be priced roughly as they are today, while the new portions will be priced more like deluxes. So you share most amenities (dining, pool, game room, etc.), but the higher-priced rooms get inside corridors instead of outside, better furnishings, larger rooms, and perhaps access to a pool that the moderate rooms don't have.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Sounds like the gondola system will begin construction very soon. I know that the gondolas are basically all but confirmed by Disney, but what if they're pulling our legs and the so-called gondola stations are actually designed for a bullet train from MCO? One can't help but wonder...
I assume the "one" that can't help but wonder is you, because the rest of us aren't wondering about that.

Last edited:

rushtest4echo

My understanding (and I have no inside information) is that portions of CBR and CSR would remain as they are today and be priced roughly as they are today, while the new portions will be priced more like deluxes. So you share most amenities (dining, pool, game room, etc.), but the higher-priced rooms get inside corridors instead of outside, better furnishings, larger rooms, and perhaps access to a pool that the moderate rooms don't have.

I can promise you that rates will be at least 20% higher for the older rooms when everything is finished for both of those resorts. And of course those rooms will have less supply due to the removals- and moderates are already under-represented.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
No, they'll both be deluxe offerings when completed (or at least priced that way). Hence the discussion of said things.
From what I've read on the threads, the resorts will be moving towards a pricing based on location and theme... The closer to the park, the higher the price. But I suppose we'll have to wait and see if that happens or changes.

jt04

From what I've read on the threads, the resorts will be moving towards a pricing based on location and theme... The closer to the park, the higher the price. But I suppose we'll have to wait and see if that happens or changes.

I think Uni is doing the same for VB resorts. Normal business practice.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

I can promise you that rates will be at least 20% higher for the older rooms when everything is finished for both of those resorts. And of course those rooms will have less supply due to the removals- and moderates are already under-represented.

Got it. If it's only a 20% bump, that's not Deluxe pricing, although it's in that direction. The difference from Moderate to Deluxe these days is at least a 50% bump - generally more.

KrzyKtty

I personally don't mind if CBR and CSR are priced a bit higher if they are "Moderate" resorts with Deluxe offerings. If there were more "Deluxe" like hotels that didn't cost 600 a night I would be all for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom