New For The Holiday Season

DanStat

Original Poster
Hey everyone! This Christmas, they(Islands) will be adding a Grinch section to Toon Lagoon. It will contain a 60-ft. slide...I'm not sure if it will be permanent, or just for Christmas...looks nice!

woofboy111

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
Hey everyone! This Christmas, they(Islands) will be adding a Grinch section to Toon Lagoon. It will contain a 60-ft. slide...I'm not sure if it will be permanent, or just for Christmas...looks nice!

Let me correct you a little. The Grinch section will not be in toon Lagoon, it will be is Suess Landings. They change the whole land into "Grinchmas Land" where they have it snowing all day (soap), new shows, and the slide that you talked about. This isn't the first year that they did this either. They had it last year too, and if you look behind the one fishe, two fish ride, you could see the slide behind a wall. I personally don't beileve it's 60 feet though. It looks like its only 10 feet off of the ground!!!

DanStat

Original Poster
60-Foot Slide

I'm sorry about the Toon Lagoon mix-up!

My neighbors were just down there and said it would be 60-feet...maybe they aren't finished building.

woofboy111

I just went to the completed Grinchmas and most of it was good. They put some major work into it. They have a show that tells the story of the grinch. The only problem with it, is that instead of doing it 3 time a day, they split it up into 3 acts, so in order to see the whole show, you have to come back every hour to watch it.

On the waiting line for the Sneeches monorail, they have you go and meet the grinch. (They have all of the sneeches ride covered up so you cant see anything). This in my opinion, is a waste, espically with the 45 minute waits that they get.

They also have snow. At the bottom of mount crumpit snow plumit, they have a big pile of real snow, but you have to be un der nine to go in it. (a real disappointment to someone like me who hasn't seen real snow since they were 4!) They also have the soap snow (like at disney) all up and down the streets, which is a nice effect.

The characters are also great. Instead of using the normal masked characters with no expression, they actually puddied their faces to give them really big noses or make the grinch look like the grinch in the movie. Also, I've never seen a dog trained as well as the grinch's dog max. With all the hundreds of kids petting it, it just sat there and enjoyed it. (look for someone in a humane society shirt always following the dog around...it's trainer). I never go on the slide, since it was thanksgiving weekend, and it was an hour and a half wait. It's not big at all. It takes about 5 seconds to go down, and you don't go fast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom