New Fantasyland!

LilWalt

I guess was hoping they would take advantage of some of the new and popular Disney movies and shows and stop beating dead horses with Dumbo and Beauty and the Beast and Snow White. I like they are making them new but if they want to keep up with down the street I think they need the new things that kids and others are into.

Universal didn't do a new twist on Jaws or Jurrasic Park they did what was new and popular.

No matter what Disney will always get "us", the Disney diehards, but to attract the new business and get more repeat and frequent customers I think they need to be more creative.

What I want to see: Lets kill the Speedway. It takes up soooo much space and from what I've heard it has just kind of rotted over the years, no longer as fun as it once was. I think it should be replaced, with what I dont know, but it needs to happen in my opinion!

I like the Speedway, but it is old also and needs an update. Lets try electric cars, or a clone of the Cars ride from DCA.

As for the Circus, I am sure WDI will blend everything nicely. I hope is more accurate. It would not be good if there is this fantasy forest behind a beautiful castle that suddenly becomes a circus.

So I just want to poist my comments and opinions in one post haha.

Snow White Ride: While I understand everyone's sentimental attachment to the old ride, you have to admit: its freakin' old. I am more then happy that they chose to scrap the chateau, which was just a M&G, and add in a nice ride that can only tell the same SW story we all know and love. Its going to have some sets inside, probably scenes similar to the current ride, so its just and improvement. LOVE LOVE LOVE the themeing on the outside. I hope there is plenty of area to walk amidst the trees and stuff.

Belle area: Love the forced perspective castle, I have faith that the execution will be well done. Love the bridges over the water features, really brings a natural feeling missing from Fantasyland until now. The restaurant sounds like a great alternative to the ever-booked Cinderella Castle experience.

LM ride: Exterior looks nice, another dark ride suits the area. No problems with it!

Circus land: I was never a fan of Dumbo, and have no interest riding the new dual spinners but I really like the themeing and appreciate how much better it looks then Toontown. I think it is a much better use of the space. I was never a fan of Toontown; yeah the houses were cool but it was just kind of there with nothing that I will desperately miss. Enjoyed the experience, now lets move on to the next one.

What I want to see: Lets kill the Speedway. It takes up soooo much space and from what I've heard it has just kind of rotted over the years, no longer as fun as it once was. I think it should be replaced, with what I dont know, but it needs to happen in my opinion!

........Wonderland? :lookaroun

IWant2GoNow

Does anyone know if that is water on top of the SWMT hill? I know from the concept art of the ride itself it shows a waterfall but in the overall art it looks like there is a pool or reservoir of water on top. I think that would be a neat feature with waterfalls all around the hill as you ride.

Call me dumb but all the water features have me excited enough. I hope none of them get axed.

_Scar

Does anyone know if that is water on top of the SWMT hill? I know from the concept art of the ride itself it shows a waterfall but in the overall art it looks like there is a pool or reservoir of water on top. I think that would be a neat feature with waterfalls all around the hill as you ride.

Call me dumb but all the water features have me excited enough. I hope none of them get axed.

I think it's just for decoration and won't be feautred in the ride. Looks great though! Looking at the new Fantasyland seems to get me more excited than thinking about what's actually going in it. :lol:

IWant2GoNow

I think it's just for decoration and won't be feautred in the ride. Looks great though! Looking at the new Fantasyland seems to get me more excited than thinking about what's actually going in it. :lol:

Yea I'm pretty psyched for the new ride in place of the M&Gs, but just the scenery alone will be a much needed aspect in Fantasyland. :sohappy:

wolf359

Yea I'm pretty psyched for the new ride in place of the M&Gs, but just the scenery alone will be a much needed aspect in Fantasyland. :sohappy:

I agree. Fantasyland has always been the one land that never really had the same sense of transporting you to a themed location the way all of the other lands did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom