New Epcot Tipboard! (Pics!)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So, wandering in Epcot for some last minute holiday shopping, what sight should appear, but some glistening LEDs near M:S and Test Track seemingly in the middle of nowhere..

tip1.jpg

Well, this used to be the home of a popcorn cart, so much for that... You can see the tipboard from the East breezeway and it's facing toward the center of Future World (it's mostly infront of M:S). Lots of people were stopping to check it out.

It's located right where the pathways fan out at the breezeway to the various East pavilions.

tip2.jpg

Oo.. shiny..

This is a more permanent installation then the previous tipboard that was installed last year. The other one was simply put across the way in the flower bed by Innoventions. I don't recall it being themed or having concrete poured for supports. I think this one might be staying.

tip3.jpg

I like it, very stylish for Future World. I think it fits very well. It is kinda big, but is also very visible from a distance, which is a good thing.

tip4.jpg

My theory is that you enter the park and go past the central Tipboard, then straight to Soarin (in West) then cross BEHIND central Tipboard missing its information as you cross the plaza and into Future World East. Thus, here the information is for you :)

tip5.jpg

Loving the look.. hope you enjoy it too :)

Once again, this one might not stay as well just like last years. It's a big maybe though so I guess we'll find out till the end of the year.

Innoventions, universe of energy, wonders of life, journey into imagination, land boat ride, circle of life and honey I shrunk the audience all close at 7 =D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Once again, this one might not stay as well just like last years. It's a big maybe though so I guess we'll find out till the end of the year.

Innoventions, universe of energy, wonders of life, journey into imagination, land boat ride, circle of life and honey I shrunk the audience all close at 7 =D

I thought this year's was a temproary thing too, until they ripped out the popcorn cart (it had been there for ages) and then poured the concrete for the base. It's pretty solid.

That's a lot of work for a non-permanent structure, though time will tell.

juan

I always disliked working that popcorn cart
they just moved it back towards WL and MS

also-nearly every cart in epcot is easily moved -- including ones like the hot dog and turkey leg carts by innoventions

DisneyMusician2

I always wonder if people look at me like I'm a freak when I'm taking random pictures of eveything going on in WDW around me. I've been known to take pictures of anything that looks remotely cool.

C&D

I think they look like welcome additions, thanks for sharing the photos.
(I also take some, "what the heck is he taking a picture of that for" kind of photos; try to get a little creative and look for the not so obvious shots.)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
So, wandering in Epcot for some last minute holiday shopping, what sight should appear, but some glistening LEDs near M:S and Test Track seemingly in the middle of nowhere..
sweet! what did you get me merf..... :rolleyes: kidding

ok, well. it does look like it is the middle of nowhere. i kind of like how the main time board is a little closer to the ground so (like this one) it isnt abstructing from the beautiful views of a broken WoL. but i understand they need it to be seen from 100 feet away etc etc

thanks for the pics

Pabgo

Merf, you knew they were supposed to install it eventually, right? I remember one of your trip reports, you said something along the lines of "They still haven't installed the new tipboard" or something like that.

Mister Toad

Blech!

Why do they have to kill the serenity of that beautiful park with Tip Boards? I mean, do people really get that mad if they walk, oh, 5 minutes out of their way and find a 90 minute wait for Soarin'?

I don't know about you, but we never, ever look at the tip boards. It is a PARK, not an expressway! Part of the fun is/should be just walking around and exploring.... it's so much fun when you "discover" a small line at Test Track!

Is this society so hamstrung by schedules that we need to be bombarded with this stuff all day?

What's next, a jumbotron blinking on Cinderella's Castle?

:brick: :brick: :brick:

By the way, if this is the "Experimental Prototype City of Tomorrow," shouldn't they at least have plasmas or something with interesting graphics? The technology is so mid-1990s! Even NFL football stadiums are better than that!

SirNim

By the way, if this is the "Experimental Prototype City of Tomorrow," shouldn't they at least have plasmas or something with interesting graphics? The technology is so mid-1990s! Even NFL football stadiums are better than that!
Even AHL hockey/college basketball arenas have better display systems... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom