New Disneyland

orlando678-

Right in my backyard :p

No but the best options I believe at the moment are Mumbai, Sydney, Dubai or Rio de Janeiro. Other options like a Disney Island or Disney Cruise ship theme park could also be really cool though.

kap91

I really think the western United States could support a disneyland or large resort. Someplace like New Mexico or western Texas. Lots of open land. Then again, knowing what happens when a place like Disney gets built, maybe it's a good thing it doesn't happen. I'd hate to see a bunch of that beautiful scenery lost to development.

MANEATINGWREATH

I really think the western United States could support a disneyland or large resort. Someplace like New Mexico or western Texas. Lots of open land. Then again, knowing what happens when a place like Disney gets built, maybe it's a good thing it doesn't happen. I'd hate to see a bunch of that beautiful scenery lost to development.

Texas has always been an ideal piece of real estate to me. It wouldn't detract from California and Florida. If anything, it would ease up on the crowds a bit in the existing American parks. Obviously, there would be no Frontierland. ;)

My most frequent choice is Australia. I've been designing Australian resorts for, oh, let's say nine years now? Seriously, the concept intrigues me to my core.

Nowadays, however, I kind of just come up with parks with no real world location. To me, armchair Imagineering should be limitless. I don't need a real world setting to pull down my creativity. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
Man, Australia would be cool! That, Rio, London, Russia, Greece, and Mumbai are the places that seriously intrigue me for parks.
We're actually working on an Australian park over in this thread! http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/club-32-lounge.924999/page-209
33657603493_f8a09de5ca_b.jpg

Come check it out -- if you have any ideas for it feel free!

mharrington

Texas has always been an ideal piece of real estate to me. It wouldn't detract from California and Florida. If anything, it would ease up on the crowds a bit in the existing American parks. Obviously, there would be no Frontierland. ;)

My most frequent choice is Australia. I've been designing Australian resorts for, oh, let's say nine years now? Seriously, the concept intrigues me to my core.

Nowadays, however, I kind of just come up with parks with no real world location. To me, armchair Imagineering should be limitless. I don't need a real world setting to pull down my creativity. :)

Not me, I like to try and set up all my ideas so that they can be plausibly realistic, which is why I always try to conform my ideas to the real world. As for where to put it, I have done a whole thread on that subject to the end of doing things realistic: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-new-disney-park-with-no-place-for-it-to-go.920414/. Anyway, I'm thinking of reviving the idea of doing it in Brazil, but this time not necessarily in Rio de Janeiro, the go-to location. Instead, it would be located in Curitiba, which was rumored to have been home to a Disney park on at least one occasion. According to a book on international Disney parks:

Word leaked out in February 2010 that Disney was planning to build a theme park in Curitiba, the capital city of Parana state in southern Brazil. Unnamed sources stated that Curitiba had been chosen because of "its excellent infrastructure, its strategic location and its international airport."

Construction was slated to begin in August 2011 and expected to last five years as twenty-five square kilometers of land were serviced and developed. The Disney resort would consist of a theme park, a zoo, water park, shopping center, and hotel complex.

Jose Carioca, a suave Brazilian parrot who made his debut in Saludos Amigos (1943) appearing with Donald Duck, would have a special area.

Disney already has a strong presence in Latin America with several Disney-owned TV channels, radio stations, a complex for dubbing Disney movies into Portuguese, and numerous publications.

As the announced dates have long passed, it is apparent that the Curitiba project was little more than a rumor, but one that rears its head every now and again as other infrastructure and construction projects take place. The announcement of the 2014 World Cup was to be held in Curitiba and the awarding of the 2016 Olympic Games to Rio de Janeiro give the hint of possibility to the speculation.

However, my idea for a park in Curitiba would scrap the zoo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom