New Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge coming to Walt Disney World

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Construction begins sometime this year - no other details were shared.

"Construction on a brand-new Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge will begin in 2024 at Walt Disney World. This will be a great place for members to relax and recharge during their day of fun!"

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The top of the Poly tower looks like a grand villa, and it'd be duplicative of Top of the World.

Maybe throw a few chairs and a coke freestyle into a roped off part of Launch Bay. 😜

Bocabear

Well....you know Stitch's Great Escape is just sitting there.... It would give them the space for a DVC Member Lounge while they wait for the next decade to come up with an idea for that space....
But there are other spaces as well in the MK for a lounge if they wanted to...
At the actual Poly would not make sense to me as it would bring more people into the resort...Which might make it feel more crowded and less peaceful...it is also out of the way.

Bocabear

they are not saying which park, though I think MK would be the most desirable for the DVC members....
Watch them open it up in the newly shuttered Alex and Ani or The Art Of Shaving at Disney Springs...lol

Indy_UK

I think it will go in the Stitch space. Probably similar to the lounge they did in Disneylands Tomorrowland at Launch bay.

Shame I won't ever be allowed in as im a poor resale owner of over 520 points.

tissandtully

I think it will go in the Stitch space. Probably similar to the lounge they did in Disneylands Tomorrowland at Launch bay.

Shame I won't ever be allowed in as im a poor resale owner of over 520 points.
I mean surely you know people who paid more direct should enjoy those benefits, it's not like you didn't know about not receiving it when you bought resale, just one of the trade-offs for getting more points cheaply.

John park hopper

Why on earth would Disney give DVC members a free lounge. Disney already has their money this ain't going to be free. Free is not in Disney's lexicon.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Why on earth would Disney give DVC members a free lounge. Disney already has their money this ain't going to be free. Free is not in Disney's lexicon.
It costs disney nothing to do this. They will use an existing space that is not being used currently so nothing lost. They will offer some snacks and beverages for free and they will have CMs working there but the costs of those things will be charged back to DVC and paid for through member dues.

As far as Disney already having their money, it’s not really how they would or should think of it. The money paid upfront is gone. Disney got credit for that revenue years ago, It has no financial benefit to Disney today. The money they want today from DVC owners is money spent on park tickets and dining and merchandise. They still want to attract members to come to WDW and visit the parks and spend more money. They also want satisfied customers. I don’t have any official statistics but it’s not uncommon for DVC owners to buy more points over time. They aren’t going to do that if they are unsatisfied with the product. So if Disney decided to just stick it to them because they “already have their money” they would be missing out on a lot of future revenue from a loyal customer base. That’s bad business.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think SGE building would be too prominent, it will likely be less conspicuous like the Epcot one or the Club 33 lounges.
I am holding out hope for an actual attraction at SGE.

I agree it’s probably too prominent and also would probably take some work to gut. There are other spaces that would be easier to convert.

tissandtully

Somewhere in MK would be the most popular choice for in park, but I wouldn’t mind a lounge inside ToT or somewhere in galaxy‘s edge either but I don’t see that happening. Speaking of empty spaces…..they have a whole Star Wars hotel sitting vacant. Would make a pretty cool lounge.
As most likely...

I'm thinking Tomorrowland or Storybook Circus areas for MK

Sunset Blvd area near RnRC/Maters for DHS

Dinoland/Nemo area for DAK

Indy_UK

I mean surely you know people who paid more direct should enjoy those benefits, it's not like you didn't know about not receiving it when you bought resale, just one of the trade-offs for getting more points cheaply.

No it’s fair enough and they have to offer perks for those who bought direct. I just find it petty that some indoor AC and a free beverage is how far they’ll stretch when you pay thousands more over buying resale.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He must like the pain. He bought 100K worth of a product, continues to own it, hates it and then complains all day. Sounds like a solid investment.
Fun facts:
1. We can sell it whenever we want and get a lot and in many cases more than we sunk upfront back.
2. If you purchased prior to the Iger stupidity structure…you’ve long recouped the purchase cost. It was a REALLY good deal for the first 20ish years. Not so since.
3. What part about “long ago when it was a great deal” don’t you understand?
4. None of us with dvc aren’t big Disney fans. But that also means we are allowed to point out what they’re doing wrong. That is responsible consumerism.
5. The only valid critique is paying dues…which most of us constantly reevaluate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom