New Disney Bus Paint Scheme

articos

I'm surprised Disney hasn't gone to a more eco-friendly system, even with low emission diesel. I suspect it has everything to do with FL not having a smog problem or having the emissions standards that CA does, as well as the cost. I'd like to see Disney leading the way on this, though. Southern California has a heavy reliance on CNG buses, which cost about 10-15% more to operate, but have 80% less emissions than diesel. They cost a pretty penny - Gillig's CNG's cost Long Beach around $450k each. Supposedly they make up for their cost over about 12-15 years, though, with a lower total operation and maintenance cost. They also are quieter than diesels. Or, even better - some of the European cities are going to all-electric fleets. Disney could lead here - embed charging loops in the stops, and use inductive charging for an electric fleet. With the short routes and number of stops, I suspect it would work for Disney's use. It looks like the technology is just starting to test for real world operation, but it would a major step forward once proven, and would allow Disney to really talk about something that makes a difference.

I'm surprised Disney hasn't gone to a more eco-friendly system, even with low emission diesel. I suspect it has everything to do with FL not having a smog problem or having the emissions standards that CA does, as well as the cost. I'd like to see Disney leading the way on this, though. Southern California has a heavy reliance on CNG buses, which cost about 10-15% more to operate, but have 80% less emissions than diesel. They cost a pretty penny - Gillig's CNG's cost Long Beach around $450k each. Supposedly they make up for their cost over about 12-15 years, though, with a lower total operation and maintenance cost. They also are quieter than diesels. Or, even better - some of the European cities are going to all-electric fleets. Disney could lead here - embed charging loops in the stops, and use inductive charging for an electric fleet. With the short routes and number of stops, I suspect it would work for Disney's use. It looks like the technology is just starting to test for real world operation, but it would a major step forward once proven, and would allow Disney to really talk about something that makes a difference.

Pretty good idea that.

But I suppose with the downfall of tourists visiting WDW the profit margins are being reduced and savings, not expenditure, has to be made.

Painting a bus is a very good (& cheap) way of freshening up the image!

Chas H.

Has anyone noticed if they are offering little models of the Disney Buses in the new paint scheme yet?

I've already got the White bus with the large logo down the side and a Cruise Liner bus.

My collection needs additions!

Chas

Epicpilot

Has anyone noticed if they are offering little models of the Disney Buses in the new paint scheme yet?

I've already got the White bus with the large logo down the side and a Cruise Liner bus.

My collection needs additions!
I believe yes, though I am not completely sure.
Chas

Epicpilot:"I believe yes, though I am not completely sure"

Then I'll have to go and find out for myself.

......as if I need another reason to go to Disney!!!

Chas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom