Rumor New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

jaklgreen

For some people, the only accomodation they find acceptable is straight to the LL line, with no waiting, as often as they want. It doesn't matter they can be accomodated in other ways, that is the only accomodation they deem acceptable.
I haven't heard a single person here say that. DAS is NOT a straight to the LL accommodation. You do wait whatever the posted standby wait time is. So if the line is 70 minutes long, people are waiting an hour before they can go get in the LL. And you can not make another DAS while you have one active. I think that you misunderstand how DAS works.

phillip9698

I haven't heard a single person here say that. DAS is NOT a straight to the LL accommodation. You do wait whatever the posted standby wait time is. So if the line is 70 minutes long, people are waiting an hour before they can go get in the LL. And you can not make another DAS while you have one active. I think that you misunderstand how DAS works.

They aren’t only referring to the current situation. This is a long standing issue. There are plenty of people who used the former GAC service that believe unlimited LL was the only accommodation that was acceptable, to the point where they sued Disney when it was taken away.

It was argued tooth and nail that anything below the prior service was illegal, discriminatory, and unacceptable. They used the very same language we are now seeing with the DAC changes.

So the reason you aren’t seeing people arguing for unlimited fast passes with no wait as part of the service currently is because Disney already took that away and it’s not on the table.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I give you kudos for it though, you managed in that single comment to unite people who have been disagreeing for 200 pages.
Not really… a few of you exaggerated what I said and ganged up on me.
Everyone agrees that "raising their voice" at a CM to express frustration is a big no-no.
I definitely don’t think raising one’s voice should = a trespass as was implied in the post I was replying to.

And yes, WDW should expect frustrated guests if this policy isn’t communicated better and that’s not the guests fault.

lazyboy97o

Could Inspire Health Alliance be a better tool? Possible. It’s going to be harder to feign or exaggerate a condition to a health professional than a medically untrained person like guest services. The conversation is going to be different because they are much more familiar with the details, jargon and experiences of actual patients. It’s not perfect, but could improve accuracy fitting guests’ needs to assistance. Until it rolls out we don’t know.
What constitutes a health care professional?

From their very broken website:
“Inspire Health Alliance is a group of senior healthcare executives with leadership experiences in technology, managed care, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), management and finance that seek opportunities that we believe are transformational and will lead the next evolution in healthcare.”

Notice any words missing? Like doctors or nurses? They’re an opaque private firm that doesn’t appear to be very patient focused. What little is out there about them is a lot of buzz words.

lazyboy97o

No one knows. That's why we have to wait and see how Disney addresses these needs. Patience.
These changes are being implemented in less than a month. Disney wants people enrolling now. Disney doesn’t want to give refunds within that same window. They absolutely should have everything known and communicated by now so that people have appropriate time to adjust their plans.

Happyday

What constitutes a health care professional?

From their very broken website:
“Inspire Health Alliance is a group of senior healthcare executives with leadership experiences in technology, managed care, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), management and finance that seek opportunities that we believe are transformational and will lead the next evolution in healthcare.”

Notice any words missing? Like doctors or nurses? They’re an opaque private firm that doesn’t appear to be very patient focused. What little is out there about them is a lot of buzz words.

That's odd since Inspire health runs the first aide centers and I could be wrong but don't you have to have at least a nursing degree to be holding a first aide centers? In my state you do. Also from their website...
Inspire Health Alliance, LLC partners with physicians and other healthcare providers combining our management and technology expertise with their patient care vision to impact and transform healthcare delivery.

Happyday

Yes they run the first aide centers at Disney.

From the website...
Guest Health Care Services Presented by AdventHealth
AdventHealth is here to help prepare for your family’s needs as you plan for an unforgettable Walt Disney World Resort vacation—including first aid, video visits and urgent care services.

lazyboy97o

Yes they run the first aide centers at Disney.

From the website...
Guest Health Care Services Presented by AdventHealth
AdventHealth is here to help prepare for your family’s needs as you plan for an unforgettable Walt Disney World Resort vacation—including first aid, video visits and urgent care services.
AdventHealth and Inspire Health Alliance are not the same.

MagicHappens1971

I may be mistaken, but I believe it's a mix at this point. Disney's stopped hiring nurses for guest-facing care, but grandfathered in their own nurses when the sponsorship happened.
Gotcha. I thought they were all Disney CMs, but I guess this could've changed in recent years.

homerdance

One a slightly different note, how much of the DAS abuse was “fueled” by Genie+?

Genie plus is one of the worst products ever conceived. It is garbage. It’s gotten better but still is terrible. And people know this from either personal experience, not being stupid, or reading reviews on the lnterweb. But people use g+ and make it work.

But, there is a part of the park going public who cannot make the random, unpredictable nature of G+ work for their personal needs. With Fp+ or FP you had control over a lot more of your day. Meals and rests could be built into your day by some planning and understanding of the parks. With G+ if you want a limited availability ride you had better hope it works with your existing schedule and hope you don’t have to travel all the way across the park to make the times work.

I keep hearing they are going to start selling “pre selections” for people. I am sure the long waits for ILLs is delaying that but until they offer that again these changes to DAS are unreasonable.

Genie plus being so bad is part of what is driving the “abuse” or increase, not just the cost.

lazyboy97o

This is what I posted back quite a few pages ago. I have mentioned multiple times that I feel more comfortable having the discussion with the Cast members because I know they have the backing of a trained medical company and as such HIPAA applies.
Advent health is that company and since they also run the urgent care, video appointments... they would follow the health care laws.
AdventHealth is not involved in the DAS process. A quick search yielded no evidence that they have any sort of relationship with Inspire Health Alliance.

Happyday

AdventHealth and Inspire Health Alliance are not the same.
Okay sorry I thought they were sticking with only one company but that doesn't change the fact that Inspire Health website that you linked says...
Inspire Health Alliance, LLC partners with physicians and other healthcare providers combining our management and technology expertise with their patient care vision to impact and transform healthcare delivery.

Dranth

Genie plus is one of the worst products ever conceived. It is garbage. It’s gotten better but still is terrible. And people know this from either personal experience, not being stupid, or reading reviews on the lnterweb. But people use g+ and make it work.

But, there is a part of the park going public who cannot make the random, unpredictable nature of G+ work for their personal needs. With Fp+ or FP you had control over a lot more of your day. Meals and rests could be built into your day by some planning and understanding of the parks. With G+ if you want a limited availability ride you had better hope it works with your existing schedule and hope you don’t have to travel all the way across the park to make the times work.

I keep hearing they are going to start selling “pre selections” for people. I am sure the long waits for ILLs is delaying that but until they offer that again these changes to DAS are unreasonable.

Genie plus being so bad is part of what is driving the “abuse” or increase, not just the cost.
A few things.

One, FP+ was not sustainable so had to go and there is no universe where a replacement system would be available to all park goers and still be able to function.

Two, G+ is worlds better than FP+ for anyone who didn't want to plan their entire day months before their visit. You may not like it but for others it is a massive improvement over FP+.

Three, people abusing DAS because G+ is "bad" is an excuse that avoids any personal responsibility for those abusing it. We are talking about folks that are CHOOSING to go to Disney and then CHOOSING to abuse a system designed to help disabled people. No one is forcing them do either of those things and frankly, if there was any justice in this world, they would all be banned for life.

ditzee

They aren’t only referring to the current situation. This is a long standing issue. There are plenty of people who used the former GAC service that believe unlimited LL was the only accommodation that was acceptable, to the point where they sued Disney when it was taken away.

It was argued tooth and nail that anything below the prior service was illegal, discriminatory, and unacceptable. They used the very same language we are now seeing with the DAC changes.

So the reason you aren’t seeing people arguing for unlimited fast passes with no wait as part of the service currently is because Disney already took that away and it’s not on the table.
A suit was brought by a family who wanted their child to ride his/her favorite as many times as he/she wanted going through the GAC entrance - so basically without waiting. The court decided that Disney did not have to allow this.

Posted earlier that when I brought my niece who qualified for GAC, it was in transition. The CMs would put the GAC recipient and their party in a line willy nilly. We were verbally accosted by a man behind us in the HM line so we just allowed him to go ahead of us. He was not, however, the only one in line saying ugly things. He was the one who I thought could get violent. IIRC, HM was the only line that did this because I don't remember any other problems.
So, we were not ones who thought that unlimited LL was the only acceptable accommodation. We were grateful for GAC because it allowed my niece to participate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom