New Character Breakfast?

duchess1576

Original Poster
I heard that MGM will have a character breakfast? At Hollywood & Vine, with Toy Story characters! What's the scoop?

BRER STITCH

Auditions were just held recently for the Cast (and may even be continuing), so look for this to start around March at the earliest!

Sounds like a FUN time!!!

:sohappy:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
This was in this week's AllEars newsletter:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]While dining at Hollywood & Vine, my server told me that around April 1 the restaurant is starting a new character dining experience -- for boys! "Breakfast and Beyond" will feature Buzz, Woody, the green soldiers, and others that I can't remember.[/FONT]

MickeyTigg

duchess1576 said:
I heard that MGM will have a character breakfast? At Hollywood & Vine, with Toy Story characters! What's the scoop?

That's the hot rumor since it was spotted online that Disney was looking for someone to play Sarge at a character meal.

So far...nothing official.

ToTBellHop

I can't believe it has taken Disney this long to do this...Toy Story is so popular! Especially with the princess breakfasts, this will be nice for the other half of the species...though I admittedly like the princess breakfasts, but probably not for the same reasons the 7 year old girls do...

KentB3

MaryBethM said:
I wonder when we can start making reservations? We are going the 3rd week in May and my 3 and 4 year old boys would love this!

I was wondering the same thing myself. There's a possibilty I may be going in May this year, but we should both know if the Toy Story character breakfast is confirmed or not since I'll have to plan out restaurant PS quite a bit in advance, as many meals, especially character meals, fill up quite fast! I really would love to go to a Toy Story character meal, especially since the lines for these characters' "meet & greets" in the parks are INSANE!!!!! :eek:

There's also rumor of a character meal (not sure if this is breakfast or dinner, as I have heard one or the other from different sources) at the Grand Floridian's 1900 Park Faire, with Tinker Bell and friends. According to one source (don't remember which one) the character lineup will be something like this. Tinker Bell and the Blue Fairy (from Pinocchio) in the restaurant's lobby (where Mary Poppins and sometimes Bert usually appear at 1900 Park Faire for breakast). Inside the dining hall will be Peter Pan, Wendy, Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather (the latter 3 are the faries from Sleeping Beauty).

Inquiring minds would like to know! :animwink:

coltow

Just FYI
When I made my hotel reservations last week for July I asked about this. The CM told me that there was nothing in the system about it. She pulled up the restaurant and she told me it didn't mention characters and that the restaurant was not open for breakfast. I hope this is untrue as my 2 year old sone is addicted to Buzz and Woody.

If anyone finds anything out I hope you'll let us all know.

TrentMom

Breakfast and Beyond

coltow said:
Just FYI
When I made my hotel reservations last week for July I asked about this. The CM told me that there was nothing in the system about it. She pulled up the restaurant and she told me it didn't mention characters and that the restaurant was not open for breakfast. I hope this is untrue as my 2 year old sone is addicted to Buzz and Woody.

If anyone finds anything out I hope you'll let us all know.

I called WDW Dine yesterday and asked about this breakfast. She put me on hold and said yes, they have word on it, but there is no place in the system yet to make reservations. I am going in May and my son loves Toy Story. So, I hope it is up and running by then.

Trentmom:cool:

hrmom26

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
Ooooooooo sexist !

i think its great! i have two kids a boy and a girl. i am just bummed out it will not be open when i go in march. i always thought they should have a boys character breakfast i am going to take my daughter to the princess breakfast but my son will have to go to as i am a single parent going alone with the kids. it would be easier to get him to go if i had been able to plan a boys themed breakfast to. they seem to do allot of girls themed princess stuff but not as much boy themed stuff its about time.:D

disneymomof3

TrentMom said:
I called WDW Dine yesterday and asked about this breakfast. She put me on hold and said yes, they have word on it, but there is no place in the system yet to make reservations. I am going in May and my son loves Toy Story. So, I hope it is up and running by then.

Trentmom:cool:

i guess its about who you speak to there, because i also called the other night and they told me NO and they kinda rushed me off the phone...
i too hope it happens, because my 2 year old loves toy story also, it would be great to see his face light up!!!!:)

WDWKat26

TiggerRPh said:
That's the hot rumor since it was spotted online that Disney was looking for someone to play Sarge at a character meal.

So far...nothing official.

Did you read my post a few posts up?

They just had an audition about a month and 1/2 ago for Sarge.

DoleWhip

Just an update--I called again this past weekend and there is still no word on the Toy Story Character Meal. I'll keep trying!

wdwfamilyinil

I was reading in another board, and someone reported that a cm stated that this meal wasn't going to start until mid to late June. I really hope that is false, but I just thought I would pass it along.

WDWKat26

Okay kids here's the deal:

As of right now Pixar has NOT confirmed this breakfast. Hence the reason why it is still up in the air. Until it is approved and confirmed by Pixar, they can not have the breakfast. But, I can tell you that the Incredibles will be going back to the Animation building soon ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom