New Cast Member!! SOOO many questions!

LilYorkie

Original Poster
AAAh I'm so excited. I start in the fall. So what's the living situation like? I lived in a dorm my first year on campus and am deathly afraid of a repeat! Is it easy to make friends? I'm so afraid of being lonely! Does life suck if you don't bring a car? What about the other people that work there, and management, are they nice? I'm working with merchandise, is there anything I need to prepare myself for? Oh I'm so nervous!!! Thanks in advance for all the answers!

I'm interested too. My goal for this summer is to move out to Orlando and become a CM through the summer and then return to school. Trying to get away from Houston for a while and it has always been my dream to work for Disney :)

-DGJ

ChefTigger

1st of all congrats!!! Ok now for your questions:

Living situation?: Better than most dorms, looks more like timeshared appartments

Easy to make friends?: Yeah reallllllll easy

If you don't bring a car?: See anwser above and find friends who have one

Management?: Depends a lot, there like most boss, some are cool some are not

Prepare yourself?: The best time of your life:)

ChefTigger said:
1st of all congrats!!! Ok now for your questions:

Living situation?: Better than most dorms, looks more like timeshared appartments

Easy to make friends?: Yeah reallllllll easy

If you don't bring a car?: See anwser above and find friends who have one

Management?: Depends a lot, there like most boss, some are cool some are not

Prepare yourself?: The best time of your life:)

Does WDW have CM Housing or Dorms? Is that just for the Disney College Program? I'm probably only going to be out there for the summer and i'm wondering whether I would be able to get a lease for just that period of time.

-DGJ

Atta83

DisneyGuyJake said:
Does WDW have CM Housing or Dorms? Is that just for the Disney College Program? I'm probably only going to be out there for the summer and i'm wondering whether I would be able to get a lease for just that period of time.

-DGJ
No those are only for the college program. But there are plenty apartments withing 10-20 minutes away from property. I think the shortest leases are I wanna say 6 months? Anyone wanna back me up on that one? Best bet for going out there for such a short time and all is to find a roomate or such that lives close by tell them your situation and see if you can live with then for a short period of time, paying them rent of course..

Now back to the original poster...The apartments are nice I lived in a three bedroom with 5 other girls. Wasnt that bad, but then again I never stayed in a dorm so I dont know what they are like. I mean they are fully furnished for you which is nice, all you have to do is bring bedding and all and make it your little space. I waws able to make friends very easily and still talk to most today , thats more than I talk to from HS LOL. I didnt bring a car and while sometimes it did suck, everynow and then I had made friends who had a car adn they would take me places. Then this summer I drove down and alwaysed asked any CP if they wanted a ride back to the apartments since I was passing them anyway. My managers were nice, if you have questions all you have to do is to ask them. If you got anymore questions here just ask :wave:

jimmybop

Atta83 said:
Then this summer I drove down and alwaysed asked any CP if they wanted a ride back to the apartments since I was passing them anyway.

You are awesome!!! That happened to me once after being at MGM for the night. A girl pulled up in her car by the casting building and asked if anyone wanted a ride back to vista... I waited to see if anyone who just got off work wanted to go (as I was just playing that day) but no one moved... so I got up and hoped in =). She took me back to Vista (she was so nice, I didn't want to tell her I lived at Chatham.... I think she said she was on her way to Bennigan's). I so wished I remembered who she was (I dont think I ever got her name, She worked at MGM in entertainment, she was cute and she was Asian.... thats all I remember).

But ne who.... all of the bus riders you have gave rides to thank you :)

Atta83

jimmybop said:
You are awesome!!! That happened to me once after being at MGM for the night. A girl pulled up in her car by the casting building and asked if anyone wanted a ride back to vista... I waited to see if anyone who just got off work wanted to go (as I was just playing that day) but no one moved... so I got up and hoped in =). She took me back to Vista (she was so nice, I didn't want to tell her I lived at Chatham.... I think she said she was on her way to Bennigan's). I so wished I remembered who she was (I dont think I ever got her name, She worked at MGM in entertainment, she was cute and she was Asian.... thats all I remember).

But ne who.... all of the bus riders you have gave rides to thank you :)
When I was a CP and a person did that I was so grateful to them. But what I ususally did was slip them like a dollar or so cuase gas was so expensive. Many refused it, but I hid the dollar in the car for them, many said thanks which then made me feel good. Then the good dead I did on my college program payed off when ppl offered to do the same. I am sure I will be doing the same thing this summer as well. So guys be on the lookout for me. LOL

marie82

LilYorkie and Jake! I might get to meet u guys at disney! Im arriving mid june to work in merchandise at epcot in the UK pavillion... Will have to rely on disney transport/public transport in florida as i cant bring a car on the plane! Plus i dont have a full liscence!... im gonna be living in the commons...

xxx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom