New bus driver costumes coming in NOV.

DisneyLeo18

It has been confirmed that new costumes for bus drivers will be here soon. Supposedly on NOV 5. New costume is black pants and a grey polo type shirt with eppilettes on the shoulders. It is intended to look more professonal and somewhat resemble the Mears drivers uniforms. Looking forward to the end of the Purple.

Did a bus driver tell you this? :lookaroun

:lol:

All kidding aside even though the purple was kinda weird I didn't mind it and it gave me that "disney" feel as some one else stated.

ICP06

Yet another costume gets the generic black pants look. Oh the joys.

I still haven't forgiven costuming for the tomorrowland black pants change. :(

Phonedave

its the same thing. corporate imaging. next thing you know they will have street sweepers wearing a suit and Tye to clean bathrooms.:ROFLOL:

I would not mind that one bit.

The real problem is not the costume itself, but the way its worn.

You can make just about any set of clothes look decent if they are sized correctly and you wear them correctly. Shirts tucked in, buttons buttoned where required, etc.

I notice you work in a grocery store. I have to laugh at the "dress codes" in a lot of grocery stores. I don't know about yours, but most around here have a shirt and tie requirement for men (boys) - I know the one I worked in way back when did. We could also not wear jeans. I used to peice unload trailers wearing slacks and a dress shirt and tie.

How many kids do you see who are following the letter of the dress code, but not the spirit. They are wearing a cheap (i.e so thin you can see through it) white short sleeve polyester "dress" shirt over a black concert T, with the top button undone. Their "tie" if you can call it that, is some black 1" wide stained mess that came out of some 80's retro thin tie fantasy. It is tied in a granny knot that ends up somewhere around 3" below the neckline.

They are adhearing to the dress code, but they look like garbage.

Some of the stores around here have relaxed the dress code to store logo polos and khakis. But then enforce the rule that they have to be clean and neat. Those people look a lot more professional than the slovenly people with the dirty shirt and undone tie.

So I really don't care what the bus drivers are wearing, as long as they are neat and clean while wearing it.

But yeah, epaulettes on a polo shirt is a bit odd - maybe they could get a nice Sam Browne belt to go with them. :)

-dave

captain marvel1

dress code publix

black pants dress pants no jeans, black socks, black shoes a belt undershirt any will work as long as its not showing at the bottom both must be tucked in. and your shirts tucked in they will give you a green publix shirt a spock not star trek a waist spock tied in the back in a bow and a black publix hat winter time a hunter green sweatshirt

no logos and no extra pockets.

lazyboy97o

You can make just about any set of clothes look decent if they are sized correctly and you wear them correctly. Shirts tucked in, buttons buttoned where required, etc.

I notice you work in a grocery store. I have to laugh at the "dress codes" in a lot of grocery stores. I don't know about yours, but most around here have a shirt and tie requirement for men (boys) - I know the one I worked in way back when did. We could also not wear jeans. I used to peice unload trailers wearing slacks and a dress shirt and tie.

How many kids do you see who are following the letter of the dress code, but not the spirit. They are wearing a cheap (i.e so thin you can see through it) white short sleeve polyester "dress" shirt over a black concert T, with the top button undone. Their "tie" if you can call it that, is some black 1" wide stained mess that came out of some 80's retro thin tie fantasy. It is tied in a granny knot that ends up somewhere around 3" below the neckline.

Some of the stores around here have relaxed the dress code to store logo polos and khakis. But then enforce the rule that they have to be clean and neat. Those people look a lot more professional than the slovenly people with the dirty shirt and undone tie.

So I really don't care what the bus drivers are wearing, as long as they are neat and clean while wearing it.

But yeah, epaulettes on a polo shirt is a bit odd - maybe they could get a nice Sam Browne belt to go with them. :)

-dave
Exactly! Nothing kills a costume more than a guy who is wearing pants three sizes too big.

I would much prefer to see bus drivers in an actual uniform. The past choices trying to make things "Disney magic" just created color choices that, in my opinion, just made it look like a clown had exploded. If Disney is going to continue to use buses, then they should become a part of the show and an experience unto themselves.

trr1

-dave
and bell bottoms

It has been confirmed that new costumes for bus drivers will be here soon. Supposedly on NOV 5. New costume is black pants and a grey polo type shirt with eppilettes on the shoulders. It is intended to look more professonal and somewhat resemble the Mears drivers uniforms. Looking forward to the end of the Purple.

I, too, liked the purple-clown look... as you all have said, it spoke "I'm in DISNEY!" :sohappy:

What troubles me, though, about the OP, is the "Mears" comment... I always thought of Disney as a leader... not a follower... and definitely not a follower of Mears! Geesh! :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom