New Animal Kingdom logo?

Cmdr_Crimson

With all the bad press zoos have been getting lately, i am expecting a name change soon to Disney's Animal Kingdom*
*now with 40% less real animals!

I still think "IF" Indy replaces Dinosaur...Then it will become the first steps of the name change and as I have stated before on this forum that it will be called Disney's Adventure Kingdom...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Perhaps they are waiting til deciding the fate of Dinosaur section before a brand revamp to remove the triceratop.
I still think "IF" Indy replaces Dinosaur...Then it will become the first steps of the name change and as I have stated before on this forum that it will be called Disney's Adventure Kingdom...
The kicker will be when an Indiana Jones hat appears somewhere in the tree's outline.

Cmdr_Crimson

The kicker will be when an Indiana Jones hat appears somewhere in the tree's outline.

Or some crates that were shipped saying "Property of Dr Jones" hidden within the statues of the extention cue area....
2875d705228d8cc529c0b8c614b07385.jpg

tl77

The merchandise for the after hours DVC event at Animal Kingdom features a logo for the park I've never seen before. Can't say I've ever seen mention of it here, even after a cursory thread search. It would make sense for a new logo like this to appear considering the mythical creatures represented by the dragon in the current logo never materialized, and this might offer just a tiny bit more weight to the rumors that the dinosaurs might be going away, as well. I don't believe this would be a special logo treatment just for this event, either, as they didn't do that for the Typhoon Lagoon DVC party merchandise back over the summer, it was just the classic logo.
b_1200_800_0_10_images_stories_merchandise_MM_AK_2017_Logo.png

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...animal-kingdom-moonlight-magic-gear-available

The original park logo which has been in use up through the present:
disney-animal-kingdom-logo.jpeg
These DVC events are relatively new and are becoming more popular. I think this is just a case of Disney starting to cash in on these events, there is already some DVC specific merchandise at each DVC resort

HMF

It would follow their recent MO of turning the parks from unique and distinct experiences to elaborate advertisements for Disney BRAND's

2351metalcloud

Animal Kingdom desperately needs a new logo, or at least an update to the current one.

Beastly Kingdom has been dead and buried for like almost 20 years at this point .

If ideas for an area similar to Beastly Kingdom have been "dead and buried" for 20 years, I don't think Disney would do the creation of movies like the Narnia movies or Bridge to Terebithia or movies that haven't been made yet like Artemis Fowl and A Wrinkle in Time if those movies are similar to the books they are based on. Nor do I think the Pixar movies Monsters, Inc and Up would have aspects to them that they ended up having.

I believe the ability to possibly have aspects of the movies fit-in to some degree of coherency with the basic idea was part of the motivation for the creation or eventual creation of these movies and for some of these movies, like the Pixar ones, the choice of some what happens and appears in the movies.

VJ

The "current" logo is cringingly 90s; even the name just written in Futura (as on the entrance) is better than that. Happily it doesn't really appear all that much. I've noticed more of a trend towards the 80s retro logos, which I am very okay with.
I feel like the Futura logo is too plain, and the current logo doesn't know what it wants to be (guess that fits the theme of the park). Epcot needs a cohesive identity that fits, much like the original 1982 graphics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom