New Aerials: Courtesy of Scuttle

Magenta Panther

It's parallax, you dig?

Actually, I didn't, so I looked it up. According to Wikipedia: Parallax is a displacement or difference in the apparent position of an object viewed along two different lines of sight, and is measured by the angle or semi-angle of inclination between those two lines.[1][2] The term is derived from the Greek παράλλαξις (parallaxis), meaning "alteration". Nearby objects have a larger parallax than more distant objects when observed from different positions, so parallax can be used to determine distances.

Wiki also has a neat example of how parallax visually works.
Parallax.gif

JT3000

Agreed, but how does UO not expand after HP 2.0 if it's just as much of a success as 1.0?

Regardless of initial success, there eventually comes a point where the same old trick turns stale in a hurry. See: most movie sequels ever made.

Devoting too much real estate to a single entity would be a mistake. Once Potter 2.0 opens, the last thing UOR will need is more Potter. I just hope they aren't blinded by profits and recognize this.

Tom

Beta Return
Regardless of initial success, there eventually comes a point where the same old trick turns stale in a hurry. See: most movie sequels ever made.

Devoting too much real estate to a single entity would be a mistake. Once Potter 2.0 opens, the last thing UOR will need is more Potter. I just hope they aren't blinded by profits and recognize this.

Right. Uni is making a smart move with the second phase, as it will "force" most guests into getting 2-park passes, since Potter will be in both parks. Continuing with the Potter IP would likely be overkill.

Disneyhead'71

2.0 will be the last of Potter. After that there is a big Jurassic Park expansion coming, and then there is a chance they may possibly get the IP to rule them all.

TalkingHead

2.0 will be the last of Potter. After that there is a big Jurassic Park expansion coming, and then there is a chance they may possibly get the IP to rule them all.

Is the LOTR idea just blue-sky talk, or do you think there's a real chance Uni lands it? I know I've seen a lot of references to it being a replacement land at IOA, so I'm just wondering.

Disneyhead'71

OK, I will flat out stop being cryptic now that it's all over the interwebs. More than 1 insider is saying that Universal is in real talks with the Tolkien Family and Warner Bros.

And how I heard that it played out was that Universal asked Warner Bros. to approach the Tolkien family since the Tolkien's trust WB with the success of the LOTR series. WB described how Universal was willing to work with JK Rowling and how the 2 of them (WB and JK) held Universal's feet to the fire to uphold Rowling's vision of the IP. And I believe that the Tolkien's may have actually talked to JK Rowling. This was before Universal said a word to the Tolkien's. So after WB stoked the fire, Universal entered the picture with an impressive plan.

As of now there is a lot of hammering out to go, but Universal has gotten a lot farther than Disney ever did.

TalkingHead

OK, I will flat out stop being cryptic now that it's all over the interwebs. More than 1 insider is saying that Universal is in real talks with the Tolkien Family and Warner Bros.

And how I heard that it played out was that Universal asked Warner Bros. to approach the Tolkien family since the Tolkien's trust WB with the success of the LOTR series. WB described how Universal was willing to work with JK Rowling and how the 2 of them (WB and JK) held Universal's feet to the fire to uphold Rowling's vision of the IP. And I believe that the Tolkien's may have actually talked to JK Rowling. This was before Universal said a word to the Tolkien's. So after WB stoked the fire, Universal entered the picture with an impressive plan.

As of now there is a lot of hammering out to go, but Universal has gotten a lot farther than Disney ever did.

Wow, man! Thanks for sharing. The Orlando parks just get curiouser and curiouser.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom