Never been in June

LIMA TIME

Original Poster
So my wife and Son will be passing through Orlando in late June, and we are kick around the idea of them stopping in for one day. What are the crowds like on a sunday in late June? I know the summer months are crowded and Saturdays are real bad. How are Sundays?

woodardfamily

Its not as bad as one would think. Our family has done week long trips in late June (post-Fathers day). ONlinecoach61 is right...hit the first big attraction, then FP what you want.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Summer season is busy but not impossible. Get to the park early and hit any big traction you really want, then use fast pass to your advantage. We always go in June or July.

This is great advice. If you are there in September or January getting to the parks early is not as big of a deal. I was at MK the last weekend of June last year (touring plans called it a 9.0 out of 10 for crowds) and on Sunday we arrived at rope drop. We did BTMRR and then Splash twice in a row. Neither had a wait. By 11am both had 60 minute waits. It's possible to hit 2 of 3 mountains and most of Fantasyland before lunch. Not sure how old your son is, but I would also advise going back to your room in mid afternoon and finishing the park at night. From 12 to 4 the crowds get the largest and its also likely to be stinking hot. If you return around 4 the crowds begin to thin and the MK stays open until 1am with extra magic hours on Sundays in June. The lines after wishes at 10PM until close at 1am will be similar to the first few hours in the morning.

rsoxguy

I...I rock? That makes me cool, doesn't it? I'm telling everyone I know that calls me a dork.

June will be hot for non-Floridians, but not in an oppressive way that ruins the day. Take some sunblock and wear a hat or a cap. The crowds have been fairly thick lately, but a manipulation of attractions and Fastpasses will allow you to see most of the things on your list. June is a great time of the year.

Marc Gil

If you have the opportunity to visit during a week day, I would strongly advise it. Weekends could get hectic, not to mention the heat and the humidity. Week days are usually slower, so you could probably visit a lot of rides with little to no wait during the first two hours of opening. Also if you are staying on the property, try to take advantage of the EMH. The last time I visited the Magic Kingdom during the summer was in '10, it was on a Tuesday in the middle of June. It was hot, but the crowds were somewhat moderate. Have fun on your trip!

luv

Late June is hot, humid and crowded. But using a good plan helps with the crowds and one day of heat not a bad trade-off for a day at WDW. :D

Zman-ks

Weekends are truly crowded unfortunately.:( Check out easy wdw.com for their free crowd calendar or touringplans.com.
75.gif

Very crowded...

Doug Means

i went the 3rd week of june last year and will be going again this year...no saturdays involved but it wasn't that bad...just know what you want to do

R W B

I was there for 1 day late last June and it was raining most of the day so it wasn't that bad but I've been the first week of July and I will NEVER go back during that time again.

DfromATX

June is our month to go. I think it will be crowded no matter what day of the week you choose. Whatever you do, you should try to get there as early as possible to get the most out of it. Of the summer months, June is the best. It's even more crowded and hotter in July! Done that once, never again in July for us. We have found the weather to be ok in June with rain showers here & there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom