Nemo14's Week in the Florida Sun!

We just got back from our traditional President’s week vacation in Florida. Since we travel with a group of 10 or more, we always rent a house with pool and hot tub, which really works well for us. Our cast of characters includes DH and me, DD(22), DS(18), my niece(20) and her boyfriend (who had never been to FL), my 2 nephews (17 and 13), their grandparents, Bill and Linda (my age, who raised the 3 kids when their mom passed away 11 years ago), and their daughter(38?) Linda is battling a very serious bout with colon cancer, and consequently tires very easily. She’s quite a trooper though dispite what she is going through.

Usually my family flies down and the other family drives, but this year money was pretty tight so we drove too. DS is in college now, but he had Monday and Tuesday off, so he agreed to come down with us, then fly back Tuesday night. DD teaches in NH and did not get the week off, but hated to miss the trip, so DH and I gave her a free ticket we had from SW and she took a personal day on Monday then flew back Monday night (more of her story later).
We left on RI Friday night, stopped on Long Island to pick up DS at Hofstra University, then continued our drive, catching up with the others somewhere in Delaware. Nothing too exciting on the drive down, but we did stop here for gas early Saturday morning!

LL.jpg

tigsmom

Your did not do and did do at Busch Gardens sounds like mine. :lol:

Great report and beautiful pictures. :king:

dandaman

You'd love Kracken, Danny - I might go on it some day.....

Uh, I believe it's pronounced Kray-ken.

("It's a mythological creature, I'll call it what I wants!") :lookaroun

Yeah, someday. 'Course if you were ever to meet up with me at a park, you'd better take some Gravol and get ready to ride. Especially the coasters. :lookaroun

Though I suppose it'd only be fair to let you take me on spinning rides... :zipit:

Jenngusto

Thank you so much for the trip report! It looks like you had a great time and it is so special you have those memories with your friend through this tough time.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you. :kiss:

Sherrybaby

Thank you for the wonderful report and pictures. I love the trip reports, I wish there were more on this site.

Question--do you remember how much that AK Safari vehicle was at Mouse Surplus? That is SERIOUSLY cool!

Thanks,
Sherry

sissa216

great report! Seaworld is so beautiful..
I'll have to check out the mouse surplus warehouse sometime...
i know i've gotten a few treasures off of ebay :lookaroun

Nemo14

Original Poster
great report! Seaworld is so beautiful..
I'll have to check out the mouse surplus warehouse sometime...
i know i've gotten a few treasures off of ebay :lookaroun
It really is a fun place to poke around in. Just don't expect any rhyme or reason to it!

sbkline

Great trip report!

So as one who conquered the Kitchen Sink (albeit with help from your group), perhaps you can answer the question that I've always had: does the price of the item include the sink itself as a souvenier? Or do you only get to keep it if you eat the whole thing? Or do you not get to keep it in either case?

Nemo14

Original Poster
Great trip report!

So as one who conquered the Kitchen Sink (albeit with help from your group), perhaps you can answer the question that I've always had: does the price of the item include the sink itself as a souvenier? Or do you only get to keep it if you eat the whole thing? Or do you not get to keep it in either case?
No, unfortunately you don't get to keep it.

kasey1988

Wow! Thanks for sharing! Defintally looked like you guys had a awsome trip!
Defintally makes me want to go back sooner, maybe try the kitchen sink!
Gald you had fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom