Nemo has Seagulls!

CelticRose

OK, just a few questions, feel free to answer...

3. What's up with the random gray marks above the top left portion of the mural? What could those be from?

4. Has that tree always been so ugly?

The random gray marks are seagull poo, from the seagulls of course!!!(we have those type of seagulls here in Biloxi and those same gray marks are on almost every thing):lol:

Merf just got the tree from it's badside!!!

TLS is one of our favorites, so I can hardly wait too see the refurb!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
thanks merf for the photos.

wow, i really didnt think that they would go "there" witht he new signage to look like the Nemo logo, but i guess if they are going to go, might as well go all out with the Nemofication.

:D

DigitalDisney

I know this has been asked before, but we still don't have an answer...

If the seagulls are there, will the waves still operate?

If both are going to be present, then the seagulls would have to be on top of the rocks or sheltered by a rock. If they have direct contact with water from the wave machine, then they'll get worn down too quickly. They really must be sheltered.

Of course, here are the usual disclaimers...
/hasn't personally seen the rock formation
/doesn't know what the final plan is
/hasn't been to Epcot since the end of July
/is an armchair engineer / imagineer

Spaced Out Dude

Waves, I remember seeing that from the 80's. But I thought they weren't operating. :fork:

jii_logo.jpg

Epcot82Guy

I would really like to see the waves crash, triggering a "mine, mine, mine" swarm. Animatronics can exist with water, but it is tough. We'll see what comes up, though, I guess. Any word on the time frame for the front entrance.

On a side note, I actually really like the full-water mural. I think it is more effective theme IMHO. That is a great way to keep some of the old and update it with the new. Now if we could get a combined version of "Destiny" and the Horizons "Space" theme to play in Mission:Space...

brkgnews

They could go with the same type of AAs they have submerged in jungle cruise... are those pneumatic?

Then again, has anyone ever even said whether or not the seagulls will be animated at all? Maybe they'll just be static, like the characters on that mural/cove/thingy that's already outside the attraction.

MicBat

Ok.. I swear i'm not crazy.. and there were Seagulls.. or atleast one.. But, here's the pic from today:

nogulls.jpg

I really like the metal stantion separating the rocks from the guest path. Looks like a wave design on it. I'm a fan of what I see so far. Thanks for the picture!

Sledge

Account Suspended
To me it just looks part of the sign (which looks like a splash of water?) and then something laying on the ground behind it.

tirian

To me it just looks part of the sign (which looks like a splash of water?) and then something laying on the ground behind it.

That is, unfortunately, correct. :(

There are no seagulls there right now.

Edit: It's not "a splash of water"; it's a bubble.

Scar Junior

I really like the metal stantion separating the rocks from the guest path. Looks like a wave design on it. I'm a fan of what I see so far. Thanks for the picture!

Good Call! I didn't even notice that when I looked at the pic. Attention to detail... that's what I've always liked about this guy. He knows what's goin' on. You kids could learn a thing or two from him!

Punkss

Waves, I remember seeing that from the 80's. But I thought they weren't operating. :fork:

The waves were working in September 2004 as I remember thinking what a great effect, its more of a small splash than a wave but is still good, adds something to the sound.

I think the best thing would be seagull sounds with the odd mixed in mine. But still would be fine with all 'Mines' watching the CMs go insane with the noise

Scar Junior

The waves were working in September 2004 as I remember thinking what a great effect, its more of a small splash than a wave but is still good, adds something to the sound.

I think the best thing would be seagull sounds with the odd mixed in mine. But still would be fine with all 'Mines' watching the CMs go insane with the noise

1. I thought the same thing when I read the post. I remember the splashes within the past two or so years. Anyone have any facts about the duration of the effect?

2. I too would love the Seagulls to have these effects. I may be wrong but I think I may have been the one to bring up the animation element (seagulls as AAs rather than statues). This was never intended to be fact, just a wish. Somehow it seems that everyone is assuming they will be AAs.

2.5 Do we have proof there will even be Seagulls, because it is evident that the apparent Seagull in the pic is just a bubble with debris sticking out. Can anyone confirm the seagulls?

-Scar

Scar Junior

Er... it`s been there for over a decade :wave:

Seriously? We'll now I feel just simple.

Truth be told, I never paid much attention to that... even after being a member of these boards. I thought Micbat was onto something . But still, no excuses... I never noticed the theme of this part of the park (I rarely visited). There goes part of my Disney Ego. Thanks for pointing it out though, I'd rather know I was wrong than tell people that the metal handrails were new. Another example of why WDWMAGIC is far better than the other Disney boards.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom