Negativity

mikejs78

Premium Member
Original Poster
"More Lost Service at WDW"...
"just another example of poor management at disney"
"Why is Disney doing it? Why does Disney do ANYTHING lately? To be cheap!"
"Disney going down fast. We need another CEO."

These are quotes from this "news and rumors" forum - from 2001.. With all the negativity I've seen on this board lately, the complaints seem to be that Disney is going downhill, current management only cares about the bottom line, and isn't the same as it used to be.

Yet the exact same sentiments were stated back when this forum first started, 2001. Sure, there are problems and nothing is perfect - it never is. But WDW *is* being invested in -

So far this decade, we've had:
* New Fantasyland
* Disney Springs
* Several other new attractions

Coming up before the decade is out:
* New attractions at Epcot
* Two new lands in DHS (or whatever they end up calling it)
* A new mode of transportation
* A new hotel

Not to mention the investment in Epcot that's proposed. Yes, they spent too much on the Magic Bands. Yes, Shanghai Disney ate into other parks getting newer attractions. And those are valid points. But it just seems that the same complaints are being rehashed over and over again and longing for a past that probably didn't really exist. I for one am glad that Disney is investing in WDW.. I don't necessarily agree with every decision, but it's exciting that so much new is coming. And as a Disney fan, that's far better from letting the parks stagnate...

rodserling27

Well, I'm not one for negativity. I can't stand baseless Disney-bashing. But isn't constructive criticism and even venting about our beefs with the company sort of the point of a site like WDWMagic? It doesn't get you anywhere if you just talk about everything that's right and never criticize or offer ways to improve. When Disney is good, we all collectively say "good Disney!" When they are bad, we call them out on it, sometimes in hopes that they take notice that we die-hards are unhappy. Constructive criticism is best. Just visit ANY Star Wars web forum. It's full of angry fans...but here's the thing. We do this because we LOVE the product and want it to be the best!

I think negativity can be summed up with these major gripes that have happened over the decades.

Losing the following:
- Signature attractions that have been replaced with subpar ones
- Major and proper theming in areas
- Specific details or aspects of attractions for the sake of budgets
- All but one parade
- Major elements of shows
- Live entertainment in general
- Attractions that close to have no replacement

We also have skyrocketing prices that don't necessarily reflect the quality of the experiences. WDI seems to ignore original visions for flagship attractions by dumbing them down or just throwing up IP's everywhere instead of taking a risk with something bold, fresh, and new. Not to mention the obnoxious typical tourists, overcrowding, poor crowd flow in areas....there's a lot. I won't go on.

The point is, yes there are some AMAZING things that have happened in the last few decades. When WDW is good, it's incredible; but there's also a lot of not good, dumb, and flat-out bad stuff. This is the good fight we crazies endure. :)

POLY LOVER

All that was said about investments being made is true. But what's in question is why did they allow all of the parks to hit bottom at the same time then rush to come up with fixes. That I think is where you question management decisions. When you scurry to address issues you rush and then you throw things out there that may not be your best work. It's like waiting until the night before you have a presentation to make, you scramble and are satisfied with not your best work.
They should have never been in this position.

AEfx

There is an entire industry of pixie-dust-addicts out there with all kinds of happy-go-lucky stuff to say about Disney. There are websites, YouTube Channels, podcasts, you name it where you can find what you want.

This is WDW Magic. We deal in reality here.

Instead of walking in and on your first day of school telling us what is wrong with the place, you could participate constructively - or you can make your own negative post and make more negativity.

You picked the latter. It's hard to take you seriously because of that.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well Then....Um.......
612.gif

Gelatoni

I found the answer i just advoid news and rumors cut out 90% of the negative posts. If i wanted to listen to people complain I'd talk to the people i unfollowed on facebook. I'm not looking for a criticism free zone but i can't stand people who complain just to complain.

News and rumors gets super worked up over things to easy too. I bet like 70% of the rumors posted by the "insiders" never happen. I'll just wait until disney actually announces it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom