Need more space this time

marynorth

We have been back 2 months from our stay at WL. Had a great time, but with a very active almost-3-year-old boy, I have to admit it was more a "trip" than "vacation." We also have a 6 year old girl, and now, of course, I'm thinking about the next trip in 2 years.

We decided that as much as we love the WL, we can see where the kids' focus is not so much on MK, and we might be better served staying in closer proximity to Epcot and DS. Also, we were really cramped in the WL room this time with two active kids. I'm considering a one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk. My biggest concern however is the kids having to sleep on the sleeper sofa - is it uncomfortable? I believe that room has over 1000 sq. feet, which is really large - will it be too much? Thanks for the advice - and I'm open to other suggestions. What would really be ideal is something bigger than the 340 sq. feet (or so) at WL and smaller than the 1000 sq. feet at Boardwalk.

FatBoy976

The cabins at Fort Wilderness are excellent. They are still close to the MK, but they are very cozy. Plus you could have your own room with the kids in the murphy bed.

As for putting your kids in the pull out sofa, my opinion is that they're kids. If they're tired enough, won't they sleep anywhere you put them?

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

marynorth said:
We have been back 2 months from our stay at WL. Had a great time, but with a very active almost-3-year-old boy, I have to admit it was more a "trip" than "vacation." We also have a 6 year old girl, and now, of course, I'm thinking about the next trip in 2 years.

We decided that as much as we love the WL, we can see where the kids' focus is not so much on MK, and we might be better served staying in closer proximity to Epcot and DS. Also, we were really cramped in the WL room this time with two active kids. I'm considering a one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk. My biggest concern however is the kids having to sleep on the sleeper sofa - is it uncomfortable? I believe that room has over 1000 sq. feet, which is really large - will it be too much? Thanks for the advice - and I'm open to other suggestions. What would really be ideal is something bigger than the 340 sq. feet (or so) at WL and smaller than the 1000 sq. feet at Boardwalk.
We have had guests (adults) sleep on the pull out sofa at OKW (they are made by the same people) and they were quite comfortable.
A one bedroom will also give you a full kitchen, and, as much as cooking on vacation turns people off, you can save a ton of money by using it.

Upvote 0
FYI, the 1-bedrooms at DVC resorts are about 750 sq. ft. give or take a few except for OKW which actually are bigger. So they won't be too big. As a single male, I am often relegated to the sofa beds on vacations with my family. They are actually pretty comfortable although it has to be said usually I have had a few beers and may not really notice how comfortable they actually are.

A big plus for you and your husband is the fact that there is a door between the living room and the bedroom, giving you some privacy. Both rooms have TV so you don't have to fight over what to watch. The 1-bedroom also has a jacuzzi tub which is very relaxing after a long day at the parks. In room washer and dryer ensures that you don't have to pack heavy for the trip. The kitchen makes it nice. You can do light breakfasts there instead of eating out all the time and you can load up on beverages as well....

We love the 1-bedrooms and are staying at the BCV in January. I say go for it on your next vacation.

Upvote 0

Nicole

What about getting two connecting rooms at Pop Century? That's what we are planning to do next spring because my son will turn 18 before then. You can get two rooms for less than the price of one of the moderates if you catch a special. Be sure to request connecting as opposed to adjoining (that just means next to each other, not necessarily with a door from one room to the other!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom