Need help Polynesian vs. Beach Club

DisneyDadof4

I am hoping someone can help me. I am going to Disney in Feburary and last year we stayed at Beach Club and loved it. This year we wanted to try the Polynesian but want to get some feedback first. Any help is welcomed. Thanks

EpcotGrl

Honestly, it depends on what *you* want.

Personally, I'm an Epcot fan (see username :) ), so Beach Club is my resort of choice. I'd much rather be at Epcot's back door than MK's.

I will say that I've always kind of wanted to try Poly sometime, though. It looks like a beautiful resort, I've enjoyed the luau, and it's nearness to MK is a plus.

Poly has, from what I've read, a very distinct ambiance--a bit romantic, a little more "private". But I enjoy Beach Club for its own "personality" and the activities on the beach in the morning and at night (yoga, movies) have really won me over.

So I'd say make a list of what you're really looking for, check out reviews and make lists of pros & cons. Good luck and have a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

Although we go to Epcot often, we personally don't care for any of the resorts in the area--they just aren't "us". We have stayed at the Poly three times and absolutely love it. One of the reasons we don't stay there anymore is that we can't justify the cost of a deluxe with two boys in college, one going for his Masters--just too expensive (and we really love the Coronado and it has everything we want in a resort so it has become our home away from home). The Poly is on the monrail; the landscaping is lovely; the room recently redone (they were new when we last went in 2004 for oldest son's high school graduation with his girlfriend). We aren't crazy about their "fast food", but we can eat that at the Contemporary or at the parks.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

That is a tough choice, being that those are two amazing resorts. They both have the best locations...but with Poly being on the monorail, that makes it better for location. I have always love the Poly, never stayed there but I have been going there every single trip because it is my favorite. The atmosphere, the beach, luau show, theme is amazing, Kona and O'hanas are two of my fave restaurants on property. BC is also great because it is just a walk/boatride away from my favorite park...Epcot. The pool is probably the most popular out of all the resorts, and you are just steps away from the Boardwalk. I believe the Poly is a bit more pricey..that is the ONLY thing holding me back from staying there.

All in all, I would have to lean towards the Poly...especially if money is not an issue. No matter which one you choose, you won't be dissappointed...they are both amazing! :wave:

Upvote 0

DonaldDoleWhip

The Polynesian and Beach Club are two of my favorites (although my all time favorite is Grand Floridian). I would have to give the edge to Polynesian.

Monorail is unbeatable, landscape is gorgeous, volcano is cool, Ohana is fun, view of MK from beach is magical. I think you would really enjoy it!

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

We just got back from six days at BC and visited the Poly for the character breakfast and took a look around while we were there. The grounds of the Poly are very nice but the interior is in need of some updating and clean-up. The ammenities are showing their age a good bit. The BC was very nice and the pool was AWESOME! Sand bottom and very cool as it is kind of freeform and non-conventional in its' design.

I was jacked to stay at the poly for our next trip but now think I would look elsewhere for the money they get seeing as how it is considered a Deluxe resort$$$$.

Well there you have it...my $0.02

Upvote 0

Ciciwoowoo

I think I read somewhere the Beach Club's Stormalong Bay is going to be closed during February for maintenence?

So, with that in mind, I'd look into the Poly.

Actually I love the Poly so much anyway that I wouldn't hesistate to go with it!

Upvote 0

DisneyDadof4

Original Poster
Another question is how is the pool at the Poly? My kids LOVED Beach Clubs pool. Also does anyone know for sure if BC pool will be closed in Fed? Thanks for all the great info so far.

Upvote 0

Cliffordsmon

Both hotels are great! I personally don't stay at the Poly with my family because the bathroom doesn't have a separate sink area like the BC and getting 4 people ready for the parks takes longer. When I go with my hubby it's a great romantic get-away!

Either hotel would be a good choice!

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

We just got back from six days at BC and visited the Poly for the character breakfast and took a look around while we were there. The grounds of the Poly are very nice but the interior is in need of some updating and clean-up. The ammenities are showing their age a good bit. The BC was very nice and the pool was AWESOME! Sand bottom and very cool as it is kind of freeform and non-conventional in its' design.

I was jacked to stay at the poly for our next trip but now think I would look elsewhere for the money they get seeing as how it is considered a Deluxe resort$$$$.

Well there you have it...my $0.02
we just returned from our Beach Club stay yesterday. It does depend on what you will be doing. If you have kids in strollers and will be spending most of you time in MK then Poly is the choice. BC buses stink. We watched 4 CS buses go by before one BC at AK.

If you are looking at more activities and enjoy Epcot and DHS then BC. You can't beat swimming at the BC. The kids will enjoy movie nights. Epcot is easier to get from BC then Poly. The back enterance is a great hidden secret. yes it a further walk to future world but there is no crowd.

Upvote 0

Figment25

I have stayed at both the BC and Poly, both are amazing resorts, however last October when I stayed at the Poly I did notice that it could use some much needed love, and I did not dig the fact that we did not have a balcony and as I had mentioned in a previous post the bathroom posed major moisture issues. However, the location of the Poly is the best, I loved being on the monorail, but on the flip side, who doesn't like being within walking distance from EPCOT. Very hard decision, maybe I will have more insight within 16 days when I stay at the BCV for the 2nd time. Can't wait!!!! To be honest, I don't think you will be disappointed with either of the resorts

Upvote 0
I have to agree with the consensus. If you have young children and will be spending most of your time at the MK do the Poly. If not, I'd say BC. You have the awesome pool there and easy access to Epcot.

I don't think you could go wrong with either one though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom