Need a full size picture of Marbles Door at Rockin' Rollercoaster

Kramerica

It leads into a display of old recording studio and rock memorabilia. You turn to the left after entering here, and are at the end of the main queue, where CMs link the FastPass and Standby lines and set you up for the pre-show. When you see the Marble Doors, you know you are close!

Haha. Yeah, sorry. I've ridden the actual ride hundreds of times.

Goofyernmost

Very cool! Even though I hate those doors while waiting in line for RnRC.

Never, in the history of mankind, have there been a door designed that was/is more annoying then that one at RnRc. I think the look is good, but was stated by someone, no one seems to be able to pass by them without spinning the marbles. If, like we were, delayed for a few minutes, the noise can absolutely drive one insane.:confused:

Lisa B G

I finished building the door. The wire mesh I used is item number 1687001641 at http://www.mcnichols.com/ . I used 14mm transparent marbles that I bought from from www.rainbowturtle.com . I sandwiched the marbles between two sheets of the mesh (after painting the mesh) and held the mesh together with small screws and nuts. Each panel slid into a channel in the door frame. Then the top and bottom of the door was screwed and glued to the door frame sides.

20120928_181808.jpg

20120928_181640.jpg

20120928_181620.jpg
I was thrilled to run across your posting about this project! I had been trying to track down materials to make one but had been unsuccessful. I am going to get started on a mockup next week. I want to build a set to hang on the outside of my front door in such a way as to be removable. May I contact you for additional information if I need it?

luv

Not counting labor, which I assume you provided to yourself free of charge, can I ask how much the door cost? Assuming you kept track and are willing to share info that is totally none of ny business!

irundisney2012

I finished building the door. The wire mesh I used is item number 1687001641 at http://www.mcnichols.com/ . I used 14mm transparent marbles that I bought from from www.rainbowturtle.com . I sandwiched the marbles between two sheets of the mesh (after painting the mesh) and held the mesh together with small screws and nuts. Each panel slid into a channel in the door frame. Then the top and bottom of the door was screwed and glued to the door frame sides.

20120928_181808.jpg

20120928_181640.jpg

20120928_181620.jpg
Any chance you would share these pics again?

irundisney2012

20120928_181808.jpg

20120928_181640.jpg

20120928_181620.jpg
Any way you can repost these pics please :) ?

irundisney2012

20120928_181808.jpg

20120928_181640.jpg

20120928_181620.jpg
I know this is a super old thread, however, would you be willing to share these photos again?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Get good hinges
Hinges won't really be the problem. The framing for your average door frame will be the biggest issue. Of course, if you have the skillset to build one of these doors, reframing a door frame should be pretty small potatoes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom