Nearest Airport to DL?

lilclerk

I flew into LAX. It was about 30-45 minutes to my hotel, which was right across the street from DL. I wanted to fly into SNA (Orange County) which is closer, but I couldn't find any decent flights.

MainSt1993

SNA and LGB are the closest, but LAX and ONT aren't all that much further. If you book your trip via the Disney Travel Company on the internet, they list the mileage from the various airports to the park. It kind of depends on where you're coming from as to which airport works best. I live in DC, and there are non-stops to LAX and LGB, so those are the two airports I use. Also, if you're wanting something better than a standard rental car, you'll need to use LAX or SNA.

ann0d1

John Wayne airport is not that far and smaller! Much easier! Don't know the airport code. Much better than flying into Los Angeles!

MainSt1993

Granted the airports were ramped up for Thanksgiving week, but last week we went from curb to gate in 5 minutes at LAX. I couldn't believe it!

blue donkey

I've never flown in to go to Disneyland b/c I live in SoCal but always prefer LB & SNA (John Wayne/Orange County) over LAX when I fly somewhere in US.

LB is my 1st choice b/c I can always arrive @ airport ~ 1hr. or < before flight time & have PLENTY of time for security & check-in & getting to the gate. The airport is that small! :) The drawbacks here are (1) it might need more time if you're in a wheelchair b/c you load & unload using stairs onto the plane (2) only a few airlines land here so it might not come from your home town.

SNA is closer to Disney & has a lot less airline traffic than LAX but depending on what time you check-in the security lines can be long.

Hope this helps. :wave:

DAKOTADISNEY

We flew into Orange County Airport (SNA) and had only a 20-30 minute taxi ride to Disneyland. The airport is smaller and much easier to get around. I would fly in and out of there again.

primetime52

I love John Wayne (Orange County/SNA)! It's small and just a quick trip to DL (assuming there's no traffic :lol:).

We flew in to SNA (John Wayne) on our last trip. It's closest to DL and seems to always have cheaper fares than LAX (don't know how the fares usually are for the other airports in the area).

BSikor

When I was at John Wayne last month I noticed that there was Disneyland booths with shuttle service. That would be my choice of airport to use.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We choose SNA/John Wayne over LAX because it was closer to Disneyland, and we didn't want to personally drive in LA traffic. It was a very nice airport and we got to and from Disneyland fast, but when we flew out the security line took us almost an hour. I would still choose SNA again, I'm just glad that I always get to the airport super early. Oh, the restaurant in the airport had good food and a unique retro vibe.

TP2000

Try to avoid LAX! LAX is a huge, ugly, dirty, confusing airport. 9 times out of 10 the traffic is terrible, the lines are long, and it has all the charm of a refugee processing center during a flood.

John Wayne Airport (AKA "Orange County Airport", or airport code SNA since it is officially in the city limits of Santa Ana) should be your first choice for a Disneyland visit. John Wayne is close, clean, stylish, friendly and easy to navigate. Your second choice could be Ontario International, which is a bit farther away from Disneyland, but also a very nice modern airport like John Wayne. Ontario is actually managed by LAX World Aiports, but they couldn't be more different when it comes to service and ease of use.

Other choices could be Long Beach International, which has non-stop service to New York via JetBlue. Burbank Bob Hope International also has some good flights coming in via Alaska Airlines or JetBlue or United. Palm Springs International is also an option to consider against LAX.

Did I mention you should try and avoid the sinkhole that is LAX? :animwink:

MainSt1993

I'm accepting my LAX spank, but I remain the lone supporter of my home airport. :xmas: Again - 5 minutes curb to gate, and super nice employees!

JimboJones123

SNA is my favorite airport in the country. It's a perfect mix of size, shopping, eateries, wait times. I love the place. If every airport could be John Wayne, the nation would be 23% happier overall.

kubfish

My favorite part at John Wayne is taking off. They do full power take offs and climb to "forgot the altitude" in such a short amount of time.

I guess they don't want to disturb the "rich" folk along the cost that decided to build homes right near an airport. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom