NCAA Football 06

patsfan24

Original Poster
does any one have it yet and is it worth the buy? im trying to save my money for an xbox 360 seeing as the minimum price is 250 and maximum price is 450
im gonna save as much as i can and see which one i can buy

dxwwf3

In in the process of saving up for a PS3, but I would definatley say get NCAA 06 because it features the best graphics ever in the series and the gameplay is fine. I did have one MAJOR problem with the game that was easily fixed. I set the controller configuration back to the 2005 button settings, because the 06 settings make it much harder to switch to the closest defender and tackle them. Hopefully they will go back to the old button configurations for the next gen games.

patsfan24

Original Poster
yeah i think im gonna get it i went on ign and they had nothing negative to seem to say about it so i think ill get it

CaptainMichael

I have NCAA Football 05 and Madden 05 for the XBOX. I prefer Madden. Although I was happy to play with LSU, the lack of names on jerseys and other things made me not like it as much as Madden. I'm also thinking about saving money for a 360. $250 doesn't sound too bad. Where did you get that price?

patsfan24

Original Poster
a friend of mine knows someone, the 250 price is strictly the x360 with the least amount of memory possible, the 450 will include most memory and some extra features there are some other price between the 2 tho

CaptainMichael

patsfan24 said:
a friend of mine knows someone, the 250 price is strictly the x360 with the least amount of memory possible, the 450 will include most memory and some extra features there are some other price between the 2 tho

Basically, all I need is the bare minimum. I am what you call I light gamer. I'm still at full memory on my current XBOX. I just need a console to play games on. I could care less about the extra bells and whistles.

patsfan24

Original Poster
50$ a month! omg its worse than xbox live right now. are you sure its not gonna be free? theres gonna be two services for the 360 xbox live gold and xbox live silver

crazycalf

dxwwf3 said:
In in the process of saving up for a PS3, but I would definatley say get NCAA 06 because it features the best graphics ever in the series and the gameplay is fine. I did have one MAJOR problem with the game that was easily fixed. I set the controller configuration back to the 2005 button settings, because the 06 settings make it much harder to switch to the closest defender and tackle them. Hopefully they will go back to the old button configurations for the next gen games.

The defensive buttons are like nfl 2k5. You just have to get used to it so you don't switch when you want a speed burst

crazycalf

WDWBro said:
yeah, but it's $50 a month for the subscription that actually lets you play games online

the one that is free you will not be able to play games online.
I'm not really sure what the point of having it is. Maybe you can download the things that people are supposed to be able to sell online.

crazycalf

Ok here's what is better about 06 than 05.

The hit stick on offense makes it easier to juke the way you want to go, left or right.

You can switch personal packages at the play calling screen. I'm not sure if they had this in 05 but if they did I never used it.

The defense no longer jumps 10 feet in the air to knock down every pass you throw to a reciever that burnt the DB.

At least in my dynasty, it is easier to put up yards. I used to win 56-0 in 2005 and have like 300 yards, and be ranked last in stats but be undefeated.

I only have a couple of minor problems with the game.

Run defense is much harder.

EA Tracks is bad, I changed to the band anthems. The XBOX should have had custom soundtracks.

You have to pause to see your rushing/passing/ total yards. They no longer come up before you choose a formation.

Overall, I like it better than 05.

patsfan24

Original Poster
Ncaa 2k6?

is 2K games going to come out with an ncaa football 2k6 because ea only bought out the rights to the nfl, which i think is pretty stupid seeing how 2k games came out with a better game and sold it for $30 cheaper than what ea sold madden for. Nothing against EA tho, i like MVP Better than MLB and NBA live better than NBA. I just think that EA got beat and couldnt handle the competition, if madden isnt any different than it was last year i am going to be ripped

dxwwf3

crazycalf said:
The defensive buttons are like nfl 2k5. You just have to get used to it so you don't switch when you want a speed burst

That's one of the reasons I didn't like the 2K series (That and I always thought the graphics weren't nearly as good as EA's). I tried to get used to it, but I just didn't like it as good. Everything is timing and even when I was used to it, the timing wouldn't be as good.

patsfan24

Original Poster
the controls for the 2k series were tough to get used to but i realized that since it was a better game than madden i would just have to get used to the controls

dxwwf3

patsfan24 said:
since it was a better game than madden i would just have to get used to the controls

I TOTALLY disagree :)

I don't even think that 2K5 was even in the same league as Madden 2005.

patsfan24

Original Poster
so u dont find nfl to be more realistic at all than madden, im not saying any more because its just one opinion against thew next

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom