NBA Experience at Disney Springs

JEANYLASER

I would like to see NBA experience in the Landing Or Town Center! Also I would like to see the Concept art of the NBA Experience at Disney Springs!

Jon81uk

I wonder where the rumor of it replacing DQ is coming from?!

UK Disney tickets no longer include DisneyQuest for 2016 (we get free magic maker instead!). This suggests DQ is closing, either for good or most of 2016.

WDWMagic posted NBA will be in WestSide.

All new Town Centre buildings in concept art look 1-2 storeys so not tall enough for NBA anyway.

So it either has to be a new build next to Cirque, which seems unlikely given no construction has started but they have announced NBA is coming, or it will take an existing building. Only existing building it is likely to take is DQ.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
UK Disney tickets no longer include DisneyQuest for 2016 (we get free magic maker instead!). This suggests DQ is closing, either for good or most of 2016.

WDWMagic posted NBA will be in WestSide.

All new Town Centre buildings in concept art look 1-2 storeys so not tall enough for NBA anyway.

So it either has to be a new build next to Cirque, which seems unlikely given no construction has started but they have announced NBA is coming, or it will take an existing building. Only existing building it is likely to take is DQ.
thanks. That's putting things in prospective for me. I can understand why they'd put it there now. I really don't like it though. Family loves going to DQ. I was hoping they wouldn't change it. Maybe they'll provide more things to do there.

Not so much a rumor.
Didn't know that. Thanks!

Jon81uk

thanks. That's putting things in prospective for me. I can understand why they'd put it there now. I really don't like it though. Family loves going to DQ. I was hoping they wouldn't change it. Maybe they'll provide more things to do there.

I love DisneyQuest but hate sport so NBA holds no interest for me. Does feel a bit strange that they are removing something that appeals slightly more to "geeks" and replacing with something that appeals more to "jocks". (I know not everyone fits into groupings but it definitely feels like DQ and NBA are at the opposite end of experiances!).

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I love DisneyQuest but hate sport so NBA holds no interest for me. Does feel a bit strange that they are removing something that appeals slightly more to "geeks" and replacing with something that appeals more to "jocks". (I know not everyone fits into groupings but it definitely feels like DQ and NBA are at the opposite end of experiances!).
Yeah, I'm scratching my head on this one as well. I guess we will have to wait and see. I don't like re-themed things like that. Said it would be ready 2016.

doctornick

I love DisneyQuest but hate sport so NBA holds no interest for me.

I'm in that boat too. Well, I don't think I would say I "love" DQ, but I do enjoy it when I have gone. Even in it's outdated state, I could have fun there and my children had a blast when we went last year. It added some value to the WP&M option or the Premier passes.

I really have no interest in an NBA venue. If they really wanted to go with a sport theme, then I think something more general like a hyped up ESPN Zone would have been better IMHO.

Oh well. At least there's plenty of other stuff that is going up at DTD that interests me.

Does anyone know if this NBA Experience will be some sort of admission thing or will it just have games and such that are pay as you go?

djlaosc

If DisneyQuest is five floors, and NBA is the equivalent of three floors, could it be possible to keep DisneyQuest at two floors? Basically Level 4 and 5 are empty anyway, they would need to keep Level 3 for Buzz, they could take half of Level 1 (shop, height measurement) and then a bit of Level 2?

I know that it would be extremely unlikely, but just wondering if it would be physically possible to do?

bgoofy

If DisneyQuest is five floors, and NBA is the equivalent of three floors, could it be possible to keep DisneyQuest at two floors? Basically Level 4 and 5 are empty anyway, they would need to keep Level 3 for Buzz, they could take half of Level 1 (shop, height measurement) and then a bit of Level 2?

I know that it would be extremely unlikely, but just wondering if it would be physically possible to do?
Maybe they will try to shoehorn some of DQ into innoventions????

MarkTwain

I have a hunch they're going to raze the building. Unless the NBA restaurant is okay with no windows and completely flat facades on all four sides, I can't imagine they would keep it in its current state. But who knows.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have a hunch they're going to raze the building. Unless the NBA restaurant is okay with no windows and completely flat facades on all four sides, I can't imagine they would keep it in its current state. But who knows.

I would be surprised if they took it down. It's basically a five story box so could easily be re-purposed. I assume it's a steel frame structure so cutting in new windows is easy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom