Navigating the World with an ECV

Trisha Lynn

As mentioned in my PTR, I'm definitely going to need to use an ECV during my trip to WDW this September. I've read up on the benefit of renting from an off-site company like Buena Vista Scooters versus getting one from the parks (because they are first-come, first-served and I'm likely going to need one at the resort and at Disney Springs as well), and I've decided that I'm going to go with getting an off-site one that's foldable and can fit in the trunk of a car. My hobbit will be doing all the folding and lifting it in/out of the car, so that won't be a problem. (He owes me because he got to go to Japan for a business trip in May and I couldn't go with him.)

Here's the thing I'm worried about right now: Recharging the ECV batteries. Obviously, I'll be able to recharge them in my hotel room at night, but what about while I'm at the parks/resorts for meals? If I'm using a disabilities pass to wait in line for a ride, would I also be able to find a place to charge my ECV at the same time?

Anyone able to help me with this query?

newhorizons1

I can't help you with places to charge your ECV while at the parks, but we have rented an ECV for my grandmother several times during our trips. We've never run into the problem of having to charge it during the day while at the park since it wasn't being operated constantly throughout the day. It always held a pretty decent charge for us, and we always just plugged it back in for the night. I will add don't put a bunch of extra weight on them. When my nephew was little he would always want to ride in her lap when he got tired of walking and the added weight drained the battery much faster.

Upvote 0

Trisha Lynn

Original Poster
Awesome tip and news, thank you! Since it's just me and my Hobbit, I don't think I'll have a problem of having kidlets stowing away on my scooter. :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom