Narrowed it down to 3, Please help

durangojim

Skip the dining plan and try to get POFQ. With some excited kids you'll likely be in the parks for most of the day and the smaller size of French Quarter makes the bus service better than Riverside and also much less of a walk to your room at the end of the day.

Makavide

I would recommend waiting to decide on the dining plan until after you have made your table service reservations. if you cant get a reservation to the restaurants you really want and are only making reservation because you have credits to use, than you may be starting your vacation on the wrong foot.

Smiley/OCD

Art of Animation...best theming of all the resorts, a suite will give you guys a separate room/bath with a pull out and murphy bed for each child...very good bus service, good food court... wherever you end up, have a great trip!!!

SugarMagnolia75

We only do the dining plan when it's free, otherwise it's very hard to get any value from it. I would either stay at Pop or Art of Animation if you want to stay at a value resort or one of the Port Orleans resorts for a moderate.

Dad 2 M & M

We don't use the room enough to pay for anything other than a Value. With that said, we love Pop Centruy the most, follwed by Movies, then Music (Broadway Area will keep you away from Sports and closer to Movies), and STAAAAY away from Sports.

Dining - buy discounted Disney Cards at BJs, Sams, Target (not sure, but the Redcard saves).

Free Dining - Unless they have changed it, it has been cheaper to pay full rate for the dining plan with a discounted room than it is to pay full rate for the room with free dining. I'll run the numbers again and verify.

Enjoy your trip!!

Rumrunner

I have booked our vacation for February 17, 2018 through February 23, 2018. Currently we are booked in the All Star Movie standard room, our Girls are 10 and 4. It will be theirs and my husband’s first time. This will be my 10th time to Disney, my last being 12 years ago, and al= lot has changed since then….. I figured we would go for a value resort because I know the Girls are going to want to see and do it all. We have a 5 day World Hopper pass minus the Water Parks and the food plan with one sit down and 1 grab and go. (My kids like cereal in the morning so I figured I would pack a box and get milk for their in-room breakfast)

So my question(s) is/are, do we stay at the Movies, Art of Animation or the Caribbean Beach Resort (I know they are remodling). I want to stay at the latter for the fact that I remember how cramped the All Star rooms were, but is it really worth the extra? Also should we upgrade to the Deluxe food plan?
We have never found the dining plans worth the cost. We have breakfast in our rooms eat one meal at the park and have sandwiches, salads, etc when we return to the hotel at night. We have saved a tremendous amount of money over the years using this strategy. If we want a special meal there are many options close to WDW.

iluvMainStMagic

One other thought about AoA. If you are thinking of a Little Mermaid room, that section is the farthest from the food court, so it might be a good idea to take a look at a resort map to be sure you are ok with that. I haven't stayed there, have just read that some thought it was a pretty long walk - and since you will have a tired 4yo at the end of your days.
Hope you have a wonderful time!!

JillC LI

We've stayed at CBR twice and it is lovely. We actually do always get the regular dining plan, but I definitely no NOT recommend the Deluxe dining Plan for you. You either have to schedule too many sit-down meals (thereby taking away precious park time from the kids) or too many signature meals (which the kids are too young to appreciate).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom