MyMagic+, MagicBands and advance FastPass+ to be available to offsite day guests next week

DonaldDoleWhip

It's interesting that AP holders and off-site guests will have the same booking window, but not too surprising. After all, I can't imagine that the average AP holder spends nearly as much per visit as a family staying at a WDW resort. The on-site guests might purchase a dining plan, a photo package, multiple souvenirs, and (without a doubt) they're paying a higher ticket cost per day.

Being lumped with the off-site guests seems like a significant disadvantage to me, since it means a lot of people will be fighting for Soarin'/TSM 30 days out. Obviously the goal is to push more people on property (so Disney can increase its 'wallet share'), but it could very easily backfire as passholders feel increasingly overlooked.

Rob562

What will people complain about now? My guess it will be the speed of the app, lack of multiple parks, or not having more than 3 FPs per day.

I'm sure there will also be complaints about how long it took them to roll it out to everyone, perhaps even complaints that they didn't turn it on as-of today rather than next Monday.

I'm just wondering if the people who were loudly denying that FP+ would ever roll out to all Guests (which I've pretty much presumed all along that they would eventually get some kind of access) will come on here and admit they were wrong.

-Rob

durangojim

I'm sure there will also be complaints about how long it took them to roll it out to everyone, perhaps even complaints that they didn't turn it on as-of today rather than next Monday.

I'm just wondering if the people who were loudly denying that FP+ would ever roll out to all Guests (which I've pretty much presumed all along that they would eventually get some kind of access) will come on here and admit they were wrong.

-Rob
This being the internet and all, I can firmly say the answer will be "No". To some, they will always view this as Bob's folly.

kap91

Well would you look at that? At the risk of sounding petty and arrogant: won't say I told you so.

Glad it's happening sooner than I anticipated.

I seriously don't understand the reasoning here from Disney. What is the perk of staying on property anymore? That I have an extra 30 days to pre-plan all of my stuff? Why should I stay on property if I can save a ton of cash by staying elsewhere and getting near the same perks? I will seriously consider starting to stay off property depending on how far Disney continues to go to downgrade everything for the average guest staying on property. It's not feeling so magical anymore.

jimbo mack

I seriously don't understand the reasoning here from Disney. What is the perk of staying on property anymore? That I have an extra 30 days to pre-plan all of my stuff? Why should I stay on property if I can save a ton of cash by staying elsewhere and getting near the same perks? I will seriously consider starting to stay off property depending on how far Disney continues to go to downgrade everything for the average guest staying on property. It's not feeling so magical anymore.

This is precisely why I always stay in a non Disney resort. I always stay on a Disney property but non Disney resort hotel, such as Wyndham or Buena Vista Palace. They're within 5 mins walk to downtown disney. Hotel is cheaper, transport links pretty much the same..plus you can crawl into your bed if you spend an evening at Downtown without any hassle.

What the Disney hotels offer isn't enough to convince me spending an extra few hundred dollars.

kap91

^People complain about resort guests having too much privilege

Then people complain about them having too little privilege.:banghead:

Personally, I like that FP+ is more or less an even playing field for all guests. Disney has been very careful in trying to create that with the original FP and now FP+ and I pray that it stays that way. In that way it can be what it should be - a way to enhance the theme park going experience for all. If I want to pay $150 per person per day more to get short lines I'll head down the street.

From a business perspective, the benefits Disney gets from its guests using the MM+ system would encourage them to do everything they can to make sure everyone uses it and wants to use it. (Think about all the data they're going to get about guest traffic patterns, buying habits, demographic data tied to this, etc. The magic bands especially facilitate this, but even without them they'll gather most of it. From all aspects of the company, whether it be the suits just wanting to know how to extract the maximum amount of cash from the existing guests, to the ops people responsible for managing crowds, to determining the best spot and kind of attraction to build next, to simply the best cuisine to place next to the exit of Mission: Space - the more data they can get the better. Market researchers and nearly every company in America would KILL to get their hands on what Disney is going to gather in the next few years. By making the system as attractive to all guests as possible (not severely handicapping day guests by forcing them to use kiosks only for example) Disney has the best chances of getting the most guests to use it.

From the perspective of the guest the lists of reasons to stay at a Disney resort are what they have always been: service, proximity, transportation, amenities (such as the many resort restaurants, pools, etc.), convenience, and the feeling you're getting the full WDW vacation experience. Sure you can get most of these at a fancy offsite hotel and it'll cost about the same or you can stay at the Day's Inn and save a ton of cash. You won't nearly be getting the same perks. Although you might get free breakfast, which at this specific moment in time I would seriously consider.:)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Wonder now what will happen with CM's who get guest's in at the gate with their Silver Pass....any advanced FP+ for them in the future I wonder?

Rob562

How did the old paper FP system work into a perk for staying on-site? :confused:

Yes, there has been an added benefit for staying on-site during the *testing* of FP+, but Disney never intended it to stay something for on-site guests only.

-Rob

Last edited:

DisneyJoe

I seriously don't understand the reasoning here from Disney. What is the perk of staying on property anymore? That I have an extra 30 days to pre-plan all of my stuff?

- an extra 30 days to make FP+ - that's going to make a big difference
- congestion at park kiosks should be reduced, they had to do this, it is getting ridiculous
- if offsite guests want Magicbands, they will need to shell out $15 per person (extra revenue for Disney)

This had to be implemented before they can roll out park hopping and different levels or extra FP+ based on onsite/offsite, etc.

kap91

Wonder now what will happen with CM's who get guest's in at the gate with their Silver Pass....any advanced FP+ for them in the future I wonder?

CM's were supposed to eventually get magic bands although I'm sure if that's still the case. I would imagine that they'll eventually get the ability as well. Its just a matter of when the IT people get around to implementing it. It's probably pretty low on the list of priorities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom