MyDisneyExperience App

tecowdw

Original Poster
The Android version of the MyDisneyExperience app updated today. A new feature allows you to sign in and assign a ticket/pass to your account. This includes the new RFID annual passes! I entered my ticket number and it was accepted. Funny - still can't do those new cards online though.

A subsection of the ticket area now includes magic bands! To my surprise, it shows 3 bands assigned to my ticket. There are two "blue" ones and one "gold" one, each with a different number. This is so strange because I have neither seen nor heard anything about bands being issued to pass holders yet, let alone automatically.

I wonder what the significance is? And why three bands for my ticket?

"Please pardon our appearance as we refurbish this area for your future enjoyment."
:cool:

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Still trying to figure out why it runs on my Android phone but it won't install to my tablet. They're both running Jelly Bean.

NowInc

Still trying to figure out why it runs on my Android phone but it won't install to my tablet. They're both running Jelly Bean.

Apps that are written for phone may not be able to be installed on a tablet until a specific tablet version is made. There are a lot of apps that do this, sadly. Sometimes even it could depend on your MODEL of device that will enable you to get it or not (meaning your friend with one device from another brand can get it then you try and it won't install). Its less of a problem now than it was..and I'm sure disney will get it sorted soon.

n2hifi

I've run into several apps like that. They are either compatible with 10" tablet and not 7" or phone and not 7". I'm guessing the graphics don't scale well and they were either too lazy to create a second set or wanted to keep package size down. Looks like the previous version is available as an APK for sideloading but I don't see the new one yet.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
My iPhone App (iPhone 5 and iPad) allows their entry too but no magic bands listed (oh well), and an entirely new look for the menu system.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Apps that are written for phone may not be able to be installed on a tablet until a specific tablet version is made. There are a lot of apps that do this, sadly. Sometimes even it could depend on your MODEL of device that will enable you to get it or not (meaning your friend with one device from another brand can get it then you try and it won't install). Its less of a problem now than it was..and I'm sure disney will get it sorted soon.

I've run into several apps like that. They are either compatible with 10" tablet and not 7" or phone and not 7". I'm guessing the graphics don't scale well and they were either too lazy to create a second set or wanted to keep package size down. Looks like the previous version is available as an APK for sideloading but I don't see the new one yet.

I can see that. The odd thing is that up through version 1.1, the MDE app did install on my Nexus 10. When it upgraded to Jelly Bean every new version after that was listed in Google Play as being incompatible with my device.....even though 1.1 was still running. I uninstalled hoping that I could install the newer versions (rather than trying to upgrade) but the app won't even show up for me. Oh well, not the end of the world. It's not like I was going to take that tablet with me in Dec.

yellowb

The Android version of the MyDisneyExperience app updated today. A new feature allows you to sign in and assign a ticket/pass to your account. This includes the new RFID annual passes! I entered my ticket number and it was accepted. Funny - still can't do those new cards online though.

A subsection of the ticket area now includes magic bands! To my surprise, it shows 3 bands assigned to my ticket. There are two "blue" ones and one "gold" one, each with a different number. This is so strange because I have neither seen nor heard anything about bands being issued to pass holders yet, let alone automatically.

I wonder what the significance is? And why three bands for my ticket?

"Please pardon our appearance as we refurbish this area for your future enjoyment."
:cool:

I can get to this section through the Family and Friends section. It appears the Gold card is the same number as the pass that was entered. My wife and kids have one Gold card and 3 blue cards, so I am not sure of the relevance. I can't find my way to see mine though, as I am the primary account and not listed under Family and Friends.

WDWBryan

I can get to this section through the Family and Friends section. It appears the Gold card is the same number as the pass that was entered. My wife and kids have one Gold card and 3 blue cards, so I am not sure of the relevance. I can't find my way to see mine though, as I am the primary account and not listed under Family and Friends.

Oh that is indeed one way to see the magicbands and cards. weird that you can manage your friends and family but not your own

tracyandalex

I just added out tickets on the app and we have a blue magic card, a black magic card, and one that just says card. Two of the 3 have numbers that I did not enter (only my number is correct)! When I choose one it says this band is activated and asks if I want to deactivate or report the band as lost.
when I choose the Manage Friends MagicBands, both DH and DD have all 3 of ours listed under them (2 blue MagicCards and 1 black MagicCard). On these screens only that person's number is correct of the 3 that are listed. This is really confusing! It looks like it will let me deactivate the incorrect numbers, but I do not want to do this because I have no idea what the consequences will be.
Wow, I have my sister added as a friend (she does not have a MM+ account) and it looks like it will let me deactivate hers too! I have no idea if that is even her real card number though.

This app was useless for our last trip. It could not find our reservation since it was DVC and made through members services. Sure hope they figure that part out.

RSoxNo1

I downloaded the updated iPhone app and it was having issues syncing my dining reservations again. It got 1 out of 3 and when I tried to manually add them to the App it said they were already synced. I was able to sync them on the actual website and a day later they showed up on the app (not sure if it was a refreshing issue).

I also scanned both APs, which of course both wound up getting linked to my name. What I don't understand is how it can scan the AP, but not recognize that there's already a name attached to it. I assume by linking the AP to the AP I haven't really accomplished anything, they said it could not be undone so if it actually means anything important my wife will have to change her name to Tim in order to get into the parks. Oh well.

JimboJones123

So I can still register the other 2 passes for my family and start using the app this week? I was so frustrated that i just backed out and have not gone back.

Hobnail Boot

I just added out tickets on the app and we have a blue magic card, a black magic card, and one that just says card. Two of the 3 have numbers that I did not enter (only my number is correct)! When I choose one it says this band is activated and asks if I want to deactivate or report the band as lost.
when I choose the Manage Friends MagicBands, both DH and DD have all 3 of ours listed under them (2 blue MagicCards and 1 black MagicCard). On these screens only that person's number is correct of the 3 that are listed. This is really confusing! It looks like it will let me deactivate the incorrect numbers, but I do not want to do this because I have no idea what the consequences will be.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I entered the numbers on my pass and it added it to the app. I look at the list and there are three passes listed, but only one matches my pass. I deactivated the other two just in case and let my current pass be the only active one.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Version 1.3.6 was released today for Android.

What's New (per Google Play):

NEW Global Navigation lets you quickly find Things to Do, plan your vacation, manage your account and view Help & Support. Now you can:
  • Access Wait Times and Disney Character appearances right from the Global Nav
  • Delight in streamlined linking for Resort Reservations
  • Scan your tickets and passes with your phone or tablet to link them to your account
  • Enjoy additional fixes and performance

RSoxNo1

A few things on the latest iPhone release

It's now not as easy to get to the wait times, and it doesn't remember the default sort (I like alphabetical). It seems to default to lowest wait times every time. I suspect that this is deliberate in a feeble attempt to spread crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom